Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #31
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I've also dabbled in combative robotics... and since it was brought up... I guess political debating/research is a hobby as well, though it doesn't sound like much of one.
If you knew how much time I devote to it then trust me, you'd consider it a hobby

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #32
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Brewing beer, cooking, and roadracing. It's awesome when you can do all three at the same time.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #33
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Dude, you pass right by me, YOU MUST CALL! I'll meet up and ride with you for a while.

I'm into pretty normal stuff, motorcycles and shooting are pretty standard for this crowd. I also make ringtones for my phone, I don't know why I like it so much. I'm pretty into useless trivia.

I think my weirdest hobby is reading. Nobody I know reads very much, whereas I devour books in hours, even big jobs like Doestevsky. I also enjoy discussing philosophy and religion, but that's not really a hobby.
If I was on the bike and not coming in in the middle of the night, I definitely would. However Im sure it wont be long cuz as soon as Ebbs gets a place I am SO THERE! We'll all go riding! You'll have to come over with him too sometime.

Reading isnt weird, I didnt add it to my list cuz I didnt want to be too huge a nerd, but I'd far rather read a book than watch a movie or tv!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #34
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
If you knew how much time I devote to it then trust me, you'd consider it a hobby
Yeah, I just lumped that in with my 'interneting'....
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #35
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, I just lumped that in with my 'interneting'....
I would too, except mine extends to face-to-face meets with government types, letters to Ministers, and on rare occasion getting involved in organizing a protest/petition.

Then there's the whole track photography thing that ties up most of my weekends for half of the year.

... and people get pissed off when I say that I'm too busy, to get involved in something else.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #36
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I guess my intrest in reptiles and keeping them as pets, then doubled by my intrest in th emore dangerous critters. Venemous snakes, giant constrictors, crocodiles and large snapping turtles

Tom
Nah...too many people have an interest in it so it's not odd or weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
I like walking thru cemetaries, just seeing old names, dates, trying to find the oldest headstone/tombstone there....
I used to have lots a pictures from some of the cemetaries My favorites are the older headstones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Probably the strangest is Geocaching, thats alot of fun, and something you can do anywhere and anytime.

As for more normal pursuits, photography, scrapbooking (at which I suck) and jewelry making.

I also like cemetaries and old things, and pretty much anything with a bit of "old" catches my attention.

Going to NOLA next weekend and at the top of my agenda is the cemetary tour, the ghost and vampire tour and haunted homes tour! Then the zoo and aquarium.
Remember to take pics! Are you talking about that new place called The Mortuary? From what I understand, that place is THE AWESOME!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #37
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'm married so I don't have any hobbies aside from my kids. Since my bike was totaled , my only outlet now is hunting 4 legged critters. Is beer a hobby?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #38
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Lots of normal hobbies (bikes, running, cooking, etc.).

I'm obsessed with trivia. I also like beading.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #39
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Nothing too bad but interesting stuff. I was hoping to hear "I compete my 39 cats in cat shows"

For the cemeteries. I do enjoy walking through those. I mainly look to see the age of the average death. Lots of time when you find one with young deaths (Kids and 30year old men) you can about guarantee it was a poor family or area. Older 60+ deaths usually signify wealthier individuals who didn't do manual labor (Which their "Manual" labor was far different than ours. They built a house starting with cutting one of many trees down)

But here is a site I find mountain biking. Obviously redone tombstones...

And the entrance. Which it's called "Cemetary Hill" which is approriate because I feel like lying in a grave and dying after climbing that fucking hill...

Which I guess a weird hobby of mine is taking photos. But not typical artsy closeup shot of a leaf signifying some kind of greater meaning in life. I am known for taking pictures of people or things when they least expect it. I don't like posed pics and everyone I know, knows I always sneak in pics of them.

Damn. Noticed they were in a pose in that pic. I was taking a pic of the gate and they caught me just FYI.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #40
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Apparently graveyard interests isn't really odd or weird at all. The ex and I used to go exploring alot in graveyards and old rundown structures. We've explored alot of neat stuff while out riding.

One of my favorites is the remains of a manson in Mississippi. Here's a history plaque.

It's fascinating that the only things that weren't completely destroyed by the fire were the columns.

And this:

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote