Old 05-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #31
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
reply:
Laura,
Thank you for your interest in our products and sharing the link.
It's been making it's way around the company lately and is great fun to watch. While we don't promote the Roadcrafter as "Waterproof" it can, under certain circumstances do amazingly well, as you know. I believe we are considering posting this link on the website for others to view and perhaps get more folks to share their experiences with the gear.

Thanks again. We appreciate your support or encouragement.
Ride Well and Prosper,
Pete
Thats so cool! I wonder if they can understand Tracy?

They should give him a free suit or a gift certificate!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #32
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
reply:
Laura,
Thank you for your interest in our products and sharing the link.
It's been making it's way around the company lately and is great fun to watch. While we don't promote the Roadcrafter as "Waterproof" it can, under certain circumstances do amazingly well, as you know. I believe we are considering posting this link on the website for others to view and perhaps get more folks to share their experiences with the gear.

Thanks again. We appreciate your support or encouragement.
Ride Well and Prosper,
Pete
Nice! Thanks Laura! I tested it yet again today when I got caught in a 2-1/2 hour long torrential downpour on the way back from Memphis, and it performed beautifully!

If you have a direct email addy for Pete, tell him I'll gladly clean up that vid a little more if they do want to put it on their site.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #33
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Nice! Thanks Laura! I tested it yet again today when I got caught in a 2-1/2 hour long torrential downpour on the way back from Memphis, and it performed beautifully!

If you have a direct email addy for Pete, tell him I'll gladly clean up that vid a little more if they do want to put it on their site.
well I think your voice would be too muffled if you were wearing a helmet the whole time

and when did you hit all 50 states? I know about TN but when did you hit ND and MN?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #34
G-Rex
Where to next?

Shit. I gotta fix that. LOL. On that map, it's easier to check everything then uncheck where I *haven't* been. Oops. I had just woken up when I did that. Gimme a few to fix it.

Edit: Fixed

And no making fun of my accent! Gina does enough of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
well I think your voice would be too muffled if you were wearing a helmet the whole time

and when did you hit all 50 states? I know about TN but when did you hit ND and MN?

Last edited by G-Rex; 05-24-2009 at 10:47 AM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

It's alright. I hear that accent quite often where I'm from.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #36
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Two things I noticed:

1. Dude, that sprayer was perilously close to your left foot. Next time ride all the way to the right of the sensor.

2. Maybe it was camera jitters, but did anyone else notice that Tracy sitting and talking looks a lot like Micheal J. Fox when he's not on his meds? Seriously bro, you were rocking back and forth, shaking, your hands were rubbing themselves, and you sound like your tongue was partially paralyzed! I kept waiting for mouth foam or a scratchy repetition of "Redrum!"

Seriously though, that was one of the coolest video challenges ever. Do you think the suit works well in any position? For instance, if you were on a cruiser different seams would be exposed, do you think that would make a difference. Also, how old is your suit, and how many miles do you have on it?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
G-Rex
Where to next?

1. I was watching the sprayer, and it cleared. Good enough for me!

2. I do...don....don't know what you're talking about. I'm a pretty hyperactive type, and I have a hard time sitting still. I always have to be doing something. Ask anybody that knows me. I can't be still for more than 2 seconds.

3. I think seating position could affect the suit a little, but not much. For instance, the lower outside pockets will sometimes seep through with rain to what's in the pockets, but that's because that is where water will pool and collect as I'm riding. Different seating positions might change that a little.

I bought the suit in 2005. So far, I've logged close to 45,000 miles with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Two things I noticed:

1. Dude, that sprayer was perilously close to your left foot. Next time ride all the way to the right of the sensor.

2. Maybe it was camera jitters, but did anyone else notice that Tracy sitting and talking looks a lot like Micheal J. Fox when he's not on his meds? Seriously bro, you were rocking back and forth, shaking, your hands were rubbing themselves, and you sound like your tongue was partially paralyzed! I kept waiting for mouth foam or a scratchy repetition of "Redrum!"

Seriously though, that was one of the coolest video challenges ever. Do you think the suit works well in any position? For instance, if you were on a cruiser different seams would be exposed, do you think that would make a difference. Also, how old is your suit, and how many miles do you have on it?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #38
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I bought the suit in 2005. So far, I've logged close to 45,000 miles with it.
Wow - when I looked it over yesterday it appeared to be in very good if not almost new-looking shape. Outstanding, considering it has seen that much use!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #39
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Crazy shit man! I forgot what you sounded like!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #40
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I thought you Hit 48 of ther 50 States now that you got Tennesse Out of the way???