Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a fitness forum on here?
Yes 16 44.44%
No 14 38.89%
I get my fitness from Tater's whore of an ex-wife, so no forum needed 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #41
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I can get addicted to running, especially when I see my times dropping. I think I had my 5K down to 27 minutes, slow to some but flying to me. Problem was that I neglected my workouts to do it and lost alot of the weight I was trying to turn into muscle...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #42
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I can get addicted to running, especially when I see my times dropping. I think I had my 5K down to 27 minutes, slow to some but flying to me. Problem was that I neglected my workouts to do it and lost alot of the weight I was trying to turn into muscle...
I ran a 5K last summer. There was some young douchebags who ran it in under 14 minutes. That's twice as fast as I can do it. Fucking punks. LOL
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #43
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I ran a 5K last summer. There was some young douchebags who ran it in under 14 minutes. That's twice as fast as I can do it. Fucking punks. LOL
Yeah but those fast guys look like the swapped legs with an ostrich and got cheated out of their ass. My wife likes some meat with her 'tatos if'n ya know what I mean.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #44
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
anyone do any running or this fitness forum just for wieght lifting?

I'll be starting the P90x again next week... started it a couple months ago but injured my shoulder pretty good and had to stop.

as for running, I'm gonna run the Air Force Marathon in Sep so I'm training for that...

did 14 miles last week... my goal is 20 a week... but I just went to nights, hard to get on schedule...
I use the SmartCoach on www.runnersworld.com. It is nice because you plug in all your information and it tells you when to run, how far, and how fast. The other stuff is left up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
ugh, running, how I hate thee.
Necessary evil it is though, so I will get back into it once it decides to be a bit nicer out. With all the rain/snow we've been getting it's a slippery sloppy mess out there!

My goal is to be able to run all the way around Camp Bondsteel before we leave (about 7 miles, lots of hills)
This is my off season so I've started swimming. I think it gives you a great workout and has helped drop my running times. Also necessary since I'm training for a triathlon in June.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #45
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Thats flying. I used to do them in the low 19s in cross country but I was never too fast with distances. I could run for 10-15 miles depending on the workout but my most competitive times were always in middle distance races like the 800m.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #46
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

5K in 14 minutes? Holy shiat!!!!!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Problem was that I neglected my workouts to do it and lost alot of the weight I was trying to turn into muscle...
Technically you can't turn fat into muscle.......It either just sits there or gets burned for fuel......it can't get "transformed" into muscle.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #48
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
yeah I get addicted to running... after about a week of solid running at least every other day... I feel bad on the days I don't run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I use the SmartCoach on www.runnersworld.com. It is nice because you plug in all your information and it tells you when to run, how far, and how fast. The other stuff is left up to you.
I have the nike+ system it's pretty cool... I'm learning alot about how I run... like I run the same pace for 3 miles as I do 10 miles... a 8'45 mile...

in HS I could do the two miler in the 9'40 range... but that speed is long gone.

now I just wanna qualify for the Boston Marathon before I turn 35.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #49
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I hate running. I do it occasionally, but I really hate it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #50
copperheadresort
The Cycle Resort

Moto: '09 HD Street Glide

Any of you close to Blairsville, we are having a St. Patty's 5K on Saturday, March 13th - information on the website, or PM me here. This year is just the inaugural, but if the county goes wet this year - the 2nd annual will be the one you will not want to miss!!! Can you say Irish Wakes?
copperheadresort is offline   Reply With Quote