Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
Congrats. Have fun on that thing
Thanks man
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #42
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

I think Im going to take the stickers off today too. Anyone think that would be a bad Idea? The previous owner spray painted them black so Im thinking it may actually look better without them on.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #43
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

It would look better without the stickers IMO.

As for the cracks, about the only thing I can think is get some fast drying plastic epoxy, glue everything back together, then sand, prime and paint it. You could also possibly glass over it and repaint it.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
They just need to make it a little cheaper here. $250 is a little too much IMHO.
wait till you take it... it's worth every penny of $250 and more. check with your mom to see if she'll loan you the amount for the course...

the reason we're kinda harsh about this is we don't want you to develop bad habits... bad habits are harder to break than just learning the right way the first time. ya know?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #45
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
It would look better without the stickers IMO.

As for the cracks, about the only thing I can think is get some fast drying plastic epoxy, glue everything back together, then sand, prime and paint it. You could also possibly glass over it and repaint it.
try some of this

http://www.bizrate.com/automotivecar...__nwylf--.html

or plastic epoxy from home depot should work good too, i think the stuff i used before was loctite plastic epoxy (sets in 7 minutes)... i'd go with the automotive stuff first though.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #46
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
wait till you take it... it's worth every penny of $250 and more. check with your mom to see if she'll loan you the amount for the course...

the reason we're kinda harsh about this is we don't want you to develop bad habits... bad habits are harder to break than just learning the right way the first time. ya know?
Oh yeah I would like to take it but I dont think my mom would lend me the money or my dad Im trying to fix up the bike right now (needs a new back tire, carbs cleaned [seafoam?], etc...) so I really dont have that much moolah right now. To tell the truth, I am trying to get this bike where I can make a fairly decent profit on it once I sell it so that I might be able to get a new 250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
try some of this

http://www.bizrate.com/automotivecar...__nwylf--.html

or plastic epoxy from home depot should work good too, i think the stuff i used before was loctite plastic epoxy (sets in 7 minutes)... i'd go with the automotive stuff first though.
Thanks for the link Im looking for new fairings i think because when its all said and done with paint and all I may end up spending as much/more than in the long run. I found out that the lowermost fairing has a fairly large crack down the side of it. And when I took it off today to get to the engine to clean all the gunk off of it the bolts had been tightened so much that it cracked one of the tabs that you screw the bolt into and caused me to snap the other one off (plastic was real brittle too). So now the only way the bottom fairing will be able to stay on is by the three bolts on the left and one on the right. Ill have to get pics tomorrow. It kinda pisses me off how the guy I bought it from half assed everything he did to it.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #47
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Once you get some street seat time in screw the 250 and get a SV650. My buddy did that. Rode a 2006 Ninja250 that was really nice for about a month and 1/2(From no motorcycle experience at all) and then got a 2008 SV650s. So ride that 250 for a while and save up some cheddar then get you a nice used 01-02 SV650 and blow through them twisties. You can find them for $2500-3500 in good condition.

Or that's just a thought. For now concentrate on that Ninja250.