Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #41
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Wow, your math is good.

I'd explain to you why black people actually tend to do worse here, but then you'd need a history lesson too.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #42
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
What's really fucking hilarious is how threads get derailed into grand political debates around here.

Back on topic. Dumb ass bitch has the nerve to bitch about her power bill when there is prob 2 grand worth of shit in the background. I used to call people to collect their delinquent mortgage, and they would be on "vacation" People have some fucked up priorities.
Saw that all the time with people in homeless shelters, one had the latest greatest cellphone and all her kids had their own psp's
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #43
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Saw that all the time with people in homeless shelters, one had the latest greatest cellphone and all her kids had their own psp's
Pretty easy to come up with a couple hundred bucks.. It's harder to make it last when you have bills and obligations.

That lady probably had a higher net worth than you and I combined..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #44
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Am I the only one that isn't in the least bit upset about that photograph? I mean seriously, I've paid tens upon tens upon tens of thousands of dollars in taxes over the years....and I do not give a fuck if someone on Govt support has an Xbox. I care so little that I'm thinking of singing a song about it entitled "I do not give a wooly rats ass"

Next to using my money to finance war it just seems completely irrelevant.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #45
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Am I the only one that isn't in the least bit upset about that photograph? I mean seriously, I've paid tens upon tens upon tens of thousands of dollars in taxes over the years....and I do not give a fuck if someone on Govt support has an Xbox. I care so little that I'm thinking of singing a song about it entitled "I do not give a wooly rats ass"

Oh, but it's a great political distraction tactic, dontcha think?

Spend billions and try not to mention it, but be sure to point out when a few thousand is misdirected, if it shifts focus away from you.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #46
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Personally I typically don't really mind either. Someone gets their assistance check and as long as they are meeting the needs of their family with it I'm really not too bothered about what they do with any leftover they end up with. This instance is different though in that this woman is complaining that she isn't getting enough assistance at the same time. It strikes me as disingenuous.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

The only "racist" aspect of this whole situation is that you all are assuming that this woman NEVER worked. That it's impossible that she may have had a life altering, recent event. She could have lost her job, there has been quite a bit of that going around recently... Maybe her husband died after an extended illness.

My guess is that she bought the tv with her over-inflated tax credit that some of you parents get. Talk about an entitlement. I've been on welfare and know people on welfare, there isn't "leftover" money to buy big screen tvs. BTW just because she is receiving assistance doesn't mean that her entire family is...the xbox could have been a gift. I know a lot of you think that you'd "sell everything" before you'd take welfare but getting $50 for your $2,000 tv at the pawn shop isn't as noble as you'd think. Would you all be happier if she lived in a run down single wide, devoid of furnishing, with absolutely no "luxury items" or entertainment whatsoever? I know people like that....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #48
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'd explain to you why black people actually tend to do worse here, but then you'd need a history lesson too.
So, you post a big set of links that fail to prove your point, and now you're left with nothing more than a witty snip...Well done
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #49
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Actually, my point stands. There are more white people on public support.

The reason why blacks don't fare as well on a percentage basis should be rather obvious to anyone who wasn't completely asleep in history class.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I don't want to bring too much math into this, but let's play with some numbers:

2010 US Census Population Statistics:
64.7% White, Non-Hispanic
16% Hispanic
12.2% African American, Non-Hispanic
4.5% Asian
0.1% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
0.8% American Indian/Alaska Native
1.5% Two or more races

Now, Welfare recipients, by race (2006 numbers):
39% White (11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients)
38% Black (11,362,000 of 29,900,000)
17% Hispanic (5,083,000 of 29,900,000)

Finally, percentage of each race on welfare (again, 2006 numbers):
5.27% of Whites are on welfare
27.78% of Blacks are on welfare
11.47% of Hispanics are on welfare

The bottom line is this: any argument about more white people being on welfare than any other race, while technically correct (just barely), is disingenuous at best. Looking at the raw numbers tells us that of the major races that make up our great nation, white people are FAR less likely to be the recipients of entitlement programs than any other race, and the trends are for welfare to become more and more "ethnic" with each passing year.

Of course, these numbers will be completely ignored by the left, because they are inconvenient and completely racist.
Well done sir. The lack of controls in the previous claim were blatantly obvious. I just wish someone could apply the same logic towards the climate claims.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote