Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #41
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Must be just an area sale or "if you got one, get rid of it" sale.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #42
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah mine wasn't on sale... 280... but still worth it to me. I was getting tired of my huge toshiba...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
yeah I went and got one... updating it right now... I like it... as Rae said... it's perfect for on road trips and take'n pictures! kick ass...

my Toshibia seems to be work'n again... naturally... but I'm gonna wipe it out and give it to my bro I think... the only reason I had it was for the portability... and being it was a 17"... not the greatest in that aspect.

thanks for the find tigg...

oh and I'm riding for sure now... I need to put some miles on... and I've got monday off now... (still leaving sunday though) so I can take my time getting home... may run over and hang with Ambly if he's down...
No problem. That's great actually because I don't travel like you guys and I've been thinking about running mine back to the store. It definitely a nice piece...have you used the web cam yet? But I hate typing on it with my big clumsy paws! Besides, if I tow I'll have plenty of room for my 17" lap top. Funny, to get my car "tow ready" is gonna cost about the same as the netbook. Do I need a hitch or do I need another computer?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Must be just an area sale or "if you got one, get rid of it" sale.
I've run into that a lot with Walmart. Did either of you check Sam's? Maybe it's a screwup of some kind. Lord knows the card was completely wrong, said it had a 120G HD, etc.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #45
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
No problem. That's great actually because I don't travel like you guys and I've been thinking about running mine back to the store. It definitely a nice piece...have you used the web cam yet? But I hate typing on it with my big clumsy paws! Besides, if I tow I'll have plenty of room for my 17" lap top. Funny, to get my car "tow ready" is gonna cost about the same as the netbook. Do I need a hitch or do I need another computer?
naw haven't used the web cam... but it's all good... the only reason I need a laptop is for pictures and internet access... don't care about anything else... gonna probably strip this one down... no need for office or all the extra bs programs...

still undecided if I'll put lightroom on it... it'd make it much easier to export the photos to my website... but may slow it down too much for my liking...
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #46
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

WOAH!!!

Wait!!!!...is this 199 the normal price at Wally World or was this a sale or open item? My PC keeps overheating and shuts off 3 times a day (its 4 years old now)...so 200 claims for a new laptop would be sweet.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I think 280 is the normal price... it's what I paid... wouldn't use it as my sole computer though... but I've got a nice desktop for all that
Old 04-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #48
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
naw haven't used the web cam... but it's all good... the only reason I need a laptop is for pictures and internet access... don't care about anything else... gonna probably strip this one down... no need for office or all the extra bs programs...

still undecided if I'll put lightroom on it... it'd make it much easier to export the photos to my website... but may slow it down too much for my liking...

Well, it's got 1G RAM and a 1.6 processor so it'll probably be okay...besides, you can always delete it later goofy grape!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #49
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Well it took a few days before Woot shipped my asus but it'll be here today.

Picked up yesterday and being delivered today. Yea for same state shipping but nut suckin for paying same state tax. BOOOO
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #50
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well, it's got 1G RAM and a 1.6 processor so it'll probably be okay...besides, you can always delete it later goofy grape!
yeah... though even uninstalling some programs still leaves things in the registry... I'm sure adobe does this to get by people installing the 30day trial... then uninstalling and reinstalling at day 31.
but I did install it... and firefox. deleting most everything else I think. no use for it.