Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 08-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #41
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
better like a hard ride and a fart-sounding exhaust then, lol
The stiff ride doesnt bother me and the exhaust sounds A LOT better than the rx8 does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Z. end of thread, lock, close whatever. course I am a former owner so....
I was waiting for your post since I knew you used to have one. Anything you really liked or really disliked about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Go with the Z.

After spending the time that I do at the track - the RX8 is a piece of crap. Each one has [or will shortly have] it's motor replaced. And, to say time... I'm there a few times a week to watch motors to roundy round.
I heard from a few people at work that those motors are crap too. It seems to be unanimous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Here's an even bigger comparison of a similar range of vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i8eK...layer_embedded

*hit mute unless you can understand wtf their saying
Id absolutely love to have an m3. Ive loved those things since I first starting getting into cars about 10 or 12 years ago.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #42
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
*hit mute unless you can understand wtf their saying
I wish I could understand wtf they are saying. I know the M3 was held up by practically every car on the track but it had open road for at least a lap and didn't seem to gain any ground on the 350Z. That 350 had to have been some kind of Japanese Nismo special edition to keep a lead on a 400hp V8 M3.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #43
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I wish I could understand wtf they are saying. I know the M3 was held up by practically every car on the track but it had open road for at least a lap and didn't seem to gain any ground on the 350Z. That 350 had to have been some kind of Japanese Nismo special edition to keep a lead on a 400hp V8 M3.
It was in fact the Nismo edition.

The difference that makes is it's got all the same things as the track edition Z along with a bodykit. It retains the exact same motor and HP output as my enthusiast-trim Z.

My guess is the M3 has a similar power/weight ratio, in that it may have more power, but more weight as well.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #44
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It was in fact the Nismo edition.

The difference that makes is it's got all the same things as the track edition Z along with a bodykit. It retains the exact same motor and HP output as my enthusiast-trim Z.

My guess is the M3 has a similar power/weight ratio, in that it may have more power, but more weight as well.
There were a number of different Nismo editions in Japan. Some are bodykit only, some add displacement and horsepower.

I know weight can make a difference, but there is only 350lbs between the two cars (M3 coupe and US Nismo) and the BMW still has a significant power/weight ratio advantage.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #45
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
There were a number of different Nismo editions in Japan. Some are bodykit only, some add displacement and horsepower.

I know weight can make a difference, but there is only 350lbs between the two cars (M3 coupe and US Nismo) and the BMW still has a significant power/weight ratio advantage.
really depends who is driving. If its gan-san all bets are off. Ive seen him take and hold the lead with a 300 hp disadvantage
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #46
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Id absolutely love to have an m3. Ive loved those things since I first starting getting into cars about 10 or 12 years ago.
Yeah I didn't mention the M3 either since it wasn't one of your initial choices but if it was and you can afford it...I'd take it over the other two in your first post.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #47
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah I didn't mention the M3 either since it wasn't one of your initial choices but if it was and you can afford it...I'd take it over the other two in your first post.
Trust me Ive looked for them. The only problem is I like the 03+ m3s the best and theyre definitely not cheap. I found a couple mid to late 90s models that I can afford but Im not as big of a fan of those.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #48
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

K guys buckle up...On a real track available traction and drivebility mean more than power to weight. Balance, transitioning the corner and being able to get a drive is what gets you speed and is why an RX8 is actually a player. BUT this isnt about buying a race car. It is a weekendy sporty car he wants. The Z is going to have better quality, specially a 06-09. They are very good handling, slick shifting, hard braking ride. Ride is firm but he isnt looking for a lux sedan. Mine was a base model and a real bargain that needed nothing fron the aftermarket or maint wise to keep it carving. Gas and GO!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #49
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
S2000 - then you can ditch the Mustang GT and buy a good DD.
He doesn't want a convertible useless pos.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Trust me Ive looked for them. The only problem is I like the 03+ m3s the best and theyre definitely not cheap. I found a couple mid to late 90s models that I can afford but Im not as big of a fan of those.
if you can get up to 20k that puts you in used m5 territory, Zr1 vettes too unless they increased in value again
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote