Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #41
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
this wasn't started just about car insurance more about life in general. why do people feel entitled to know so much about other people's personal business? why do they feel the need to "correct" other people from doing things that they don't approve of?
In my case, the info was offered up freely. I didn't feel entitled, nor did I ever want to hear it in the first place.

And things I don't approve of and things against the law are different.

Also, correcting someone for things I don't approve of and bitching about it online where it isn't affecting anything except post counts are very different things.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #42
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
In my case, the info was offered up freely. I didn't feel entitled, nor did I ever want to hear it in the first place.
And in your position I would be worried that said asshole might clip my car in the parking lot at work.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #43
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I wanna know who doesnt have insurance so i can throw nerf balls at them.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #44
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Can't all be perfect like you.

No, I know that...

But you could all try...

The difference is that I dont pretend to have a shit ton of morals. My life is much easier that way, and yours would be too. I am who I am, and I give my opinion when asked (these threads are specificly to ask for opinions). Im a 'Do what ya think is best' kinda guy. I dont judge when people do things their own way, legal or not. It doesnt affect me in any way.

Last edited by Apoc; 07-08-2009 at 01:42 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
As a motorist it is my responsablity to know. Having insurance is part of being responsible driver. Ya it sucks paying for it but your an idiot if u dont have it and your a bigger idiot if u dont have home insurance.

I work my ass off to buy my things and maintain them. I'll be damned if some idiot wrecks my stuff and is too much off a fucking idiot to not pay for insurance. Also because of lazy ass idiots i have to pay more to protect myself because of these lazy ass idiots.

Aren't you at work now playing on the internet?!?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I think issues like vehicle insurance should be public information.
You're right! All medical and criminal records should be public as well! You may have a thief living next door or that girl you are dating may have had Gonorrhea or had an abortion...

You buy insurance to protect yourself, not other people. Even liability insurance is in place to protect you from being sued. It's not there because you care about your neighbors or have a "social conscience"... You take care of yourself and your family/property and let everyone else worry about their damn selves! My insurance takes care of my property, I don't really care what happens to the other guy in an accident. If the other person had had insurance, it wouldn't have prevented the accident from happening so what difference does it make?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Personally, I don't care if someone has insurance on their life or home. If they don't have insurance on their CAR, then it's my business because they are a potential financial burden to me, because they are breaking the law.

The above is an unpaid programme by someone who was taken to hospital after having his bike destroyed by an uninsured motorist, and is not the opinion of this station or its management.
How? Your insurance will pay for your car, medical bills, property, etc... In most cases their insurance doesn't pay for YOUR losses anyway. Maybe it's different in Canada but here my insurance pays for my damage in an accident. Didn't your insurance pay for your bike? Weren't your medical bills covered?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #48
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You're right! All medical and criminal records should be public as well! You may have a thief living next door or that girl you are dating may have had Gonorrhea or had an abortion...

You buy insurance to protect yourself, not other people. Even liability insurance is in place to protect you from being sued. It's not there because you care about your neighbors or have a "social conscience"... You take care of yourself and your family/property and let everyone else worry about their damn selves! My insurance takes care of my property, I don't really care what happens to the other guy in an accident. If the other person had had insurance, it wouldn't have prevented the accident from happening so what difference does it make?
Mandatory insurance is there to protect others and The State.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Well, in my case, this girl has openly offered up every bit of information to several people about her license status. I wouldn't ever ask about it. I don't care that much.

When she is driving around without a license, that is on her and will only affect her and her family. But when she is driving without insurance, she could seriously alter someone else's well being if she hits them. I guess in my mind, I am thinking about the people she might hit someday and how that would affect them. I've just become highly sensitive to this stuff lately.
Seriously, if she hits you, won't your insurance cover you?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #50
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
How? Your insurance will pay for your car, medical bills, property, etc... In most cases their insurance doesn't pay for YOUR losses anyway. Maybe it's different in Canada but here my insurance pays for my damage in an accident. Didn't your insurance pay for your bike? Weren't your medical bills covered?
My insurance paid for my bike because the other guy didn't have insurance. I still was out a $500 deductible. In our system your insurance only pays for your own vehicle so far, then the company of the at-fault driver must make up the difference. It all happens behind the scenes though.

*EDIT* If the other driver had insurance, my deductible wouldn't have been charged.

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 07-08-2009 at 01:59 PM..