Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #41
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
We've said the same about you for years....and we're STILL waiting for pics of it

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #42
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Yeah....if I spent all of my time playing video games or watching tv shows I'd care that much too.

But I just don't.

Hell, we still have the tube tv my husband bought for himself as a teenager as our only tv. It's 11 years old and still cranking. It shows the 2 hours worth of sitcoms that we watch a week just fine.
Agreed!

Before I married I didn't have a TV and my dad bought me a little 17". I put it in the closet.

He just bought me a 40" Samsung flat screen something or other because I wasn't going to have a TV in my new place now either. This TV is for my son to watch, otherwise it would be in the closet too. I'm not sure why people that don't like or watch TV make other people uncomfortable.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Tigs, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you. I don't watch a ton of tv, I dont play video games, but when I do I want the best picture possible. Shit, I dont even have cable or satellite. But the shows in primetime look pretty fucking good on my tv. 1080p Plasma. I know you dick lickers take a shit on whatever it is you dont have, but I like my plasma and it was fucking expensive when I bought it. Yes, it's hot. Yes, it uses a ton of electricity. I dont care.

Now this Harmony remote...I dont have one. But at 39 bucks I can't think of a good reason not to now. THanks for that tip, homie.
No problem... I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
from talkin w/ high end audio/video guys, the LED is overrated and overbright, but thats samsung.

Sony> samsung.

and yes i have 55" sony 120hz
Ask your AV guys who makes Sony's screens....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You do know it takes about a 120" TV for the normal human eye to be able to see a real difference between 1080i and 1080p. The differences you think you are seeing between the two comes from other factors like contrast and speed. 720p on a great TV is about all you really need in picture size, having better other factors is more important.
Dude, go to your screen settings on your computer and change them between 720 and 1080 and tell me there isn't a difference. As far as 1080i and 1080p goes, I never mentioned any difference between them and agree that most programming is CURRENTLY not supporting 1080p BUT supposedly, a TV is a purchase that you make only every few years. Why not buy with the future in mind?

Did I mention that I can watch YouTube videos on my tube without a computer (LAN or wireless-with adapter)? +Flicker. +a bunch of other shit! Okay did I mention that it has USB ports so I can hook up card readers, thumb drives, portible HDs, cameras, camcorders, cell phones, etc....

You all know that I'm just fucking with you and trolling right? Seriously, the picture is much better than on my 46'' LCD.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
A quick note on the Harmony remotes. Yes they work well and remove a lot of remote clutter but if you are using a PS3 for your bluray player it will not work without an additional adapter (MSRP $59).
Truth and I found it for about $40 on EBay... should have it by Fri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Where are you finding this remote for $39? Im looking and the lowest I found was $59 so far...including Best Buy Website.
Sorry baby, it must have only been through the weekend...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Where are you finding this remote for $39? Im looking and the lowest I found was $59 so far...including Best Buy Website.
Okay, I just got off the phone with a manager from Radio Shack and he says that you can get a Harmony 520 for $50 but you'll have to go into a store and have it shipped in. The thing is that it's a 2006 model but all you have to do is go to Logictech's website and download the new software and you'll have a 510 that controls 12 devices. If you want me too, I'll get it for you, program it and send it to you and you can pay me back, Rae-Rae.

Mine works great and any function that doesn't automatically come on the remote can easily be programmed. Like how I had to program a button for "Internet TV". Let me know, pumpkin.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #47
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

I'm still waiting for a TV that can take the suckitude out of the shows
Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #48
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
I'm still waiting for a TV that can take the suckitude out of the shows
That's called a "DVR" or TiVo... takes the suck right out by allowing you to fast forward through the commercials/boring parts, replay any good parts and record and watch only the shows you want to see... and then there's HuLu...
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #49
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Sony> samsung.
I spend alot of my time with a Sony Bravia fanatic. He has 9 in his main house. Man the things are fantastic....

I have a 28" LG that I love, and a 15" Magnavox that I like the picture, but HATE the audio. Eh, thats what surround sound is for i guess.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #50
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
To me the Harmony thing makes sense only if you just bought all your gear. But if you've had your shit for quite some time and you're already familiar with your remotes, why waste time learning & setting up something new.
Because it takes 10 minutes to set-up and gets rid of all your other remotes.

One button press turns on your TV and sets the correct input, turns on your receiver and the correct input, and turns on your satellite/dvd player. Even replaces the remote for your thermostat, ceiling fan, lighting...

It's intuitive enough to use it doesn't take much (any, really) time to learn how to use it.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote