Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #41
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Totally,plus there may be something in the contract where he got partial payment to start and the rest when it was proven viable.
My thoughts exactly.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #42
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
c'mon. you and i were there enough to notice any spam threads as soon as any of the mods did. They were there, but they were hardly a dent in the site, let alone a threat.
true... either way... I don't buy that he wanted out... shit if he'd offered I'm sure we'd all have chipped in somehow to save the forum... shit we created a new one because we liked what the old one was so much!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #43
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

whatever, that fucker is dead and in the past. fun while it lasted. but i think this ones better
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
whatever, that fucker is dead and in the past. fun while it lasted. but i think this ones better
hell the fuck yes!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #45
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

What other forum?
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #46
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Exactly
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
What other forum?
TWOWHEELFO..... ohhhhh you almost got me
Old 04-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #48
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Politics aside, I still troll over there occasionally. Their traffic has gone to shit. Quality of posts have went to hell in a handbasket also
That's because all the fast / knowledgeable / decent riders left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Fuck yes.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #49
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I'm actually pissed that this thread is this big. That shit hole isn't even worth it.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #50
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

Wow. It's humorous to see shyt spewed from people who think they know the story. I'm sleeping just fine, thanks. I'm not here to re-hash some people's one-sided version of history. Believe what you want, personally at this point I could GAF.

Anywho, I will post what I posted in the mod's corner - verbatim. I posted it there first for the mods to see, now I'm sharing it with everyone else. I wasn't going to post it here but after the great response y'all gave me, why not? I do intend on posting it on TWF. I'm posting it here, first.

Quote:
I'll try to keep this short.

Back in the Summer of '04 I was out riding my SV in the hills of Arkansas somewhere. We'd stopped for lunch and I got this call from a friend whom I'd spoken to a few weeks prior, about starting a sportbike discussion forum.

Not too long after that we had everything in place and we launched this place at the Atlanta Superbike races in 2004. I met some industry well knowns and we gave away a scooter. We forged a relationship with 2Wheel Tuner magazine who was new at the time.

We struggled for membership, I was online HOURS everyday emailing people to get them to visit. I was trading links with other sites to improve our Google ranking, I was creating threads and having discussions largely by myself. I even created multiple accounts and presented conflicting opinions so as to spark debate from people. It was a long and difficult road building this place to what it became.

Throughout the last 18 months I fielded buy offers for the site. I turned them down. For a variety of reasons, the fit wasn't right or the vision wasn't what I wanted. During this same time my interest in sportbikes, as has been document on this site, waned tremendously. My riding went from trips and weekend jaunts to back and forth to work only. And then, not even that. My bike currently sits in my garage wasting away, I can't even ride it because the front brakes are toast. Nonetheless, I just renewed the tags.

As my interest faded and shifted to other activities, namely spending time on my cabin cruiser (boat) with my family, my time devotion to TWF suffered. I relied too heavily on others to keep it afloat when I should have been here. I knew this, yet it was easier to let it deteriorate a little then to relive the countless hours each night recreating the place.

Then, one day, I got another offer. Not an "offer I couldn't refuse" as I'd done so previously; just good timing. However, since my interest and motivation were nil and any interest was short lived, it now made sense to sell. I mean, why not make some cash from something I didn't care much about anyway? It's like selling stuff at a garage sale, you hang onto it and you'll take something for it but you're not going to give it away.

And I'll not go into detail but this site was a partnership between me and two others. Any profits from the sale were divided three ways and taxed all to hell so no one got rich.

At the time of sale my obligation to carry on was for a short period to assist in the transition. This all occurred well before anyone knew, by the time people were told or found out I was no longer under obligation to stick around, but I did. Afterall, even though on paper I no longer owned the place I did build it from nothing. The other partners didn't do anything when it came to running the site.

So, I have had every intention of leaving this site from the get-go. My plan was to phase out my involvement, develop a successor and gracefully exit. I did not want to leave the site in a bad state. I email Jim about this nearly two months ago and we were in agreement. This was my plan, at my choosing.

Now, it would appear Jim is gone. I don't really have any other interface with VS than Jim. I suspect after this post is read I will, but that's neither here nor there. With that, my long planned and official separation from this site is the end of this month. This wasn't supposed to be a big secret but I hesitated in saying anything for fear all of the mods would leave if I wasn't around.

It's been a fun ride, I've enjoyed it. Monetarily it wasn't a lucrative, but it was fun when it was at its peak. Its time for me to move on to new things.
I figure most of you will continue to spew your vitriole against me, that's fine. Like I said, I'm sleeping just fine. It's easy to insult behind your keyboard with less than the entire story. So if you must, carry on that pointless charade.

On a more positive note, I fixed the brakes on my SV so I plan on actually riding again. It'll only be to and from work, but it's riding.
ShanMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote