Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #41
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I concur... I don't beleive in bad omens, but I surely believe in self-fullfilling prophecies... If you think shit's about to get fucked up, it surely will.
yes i agree exactly..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #42
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Back to the topic for me, yes I do tend to believe that things are self fulfilling, when you are convinced something bad is going to happen, it will simply because you will it so, but I also believe that sometimes shit happens and is going to continue to happen through no fault of your own...true bad luck I guess you'd say...and sometimes i think it can be attributed to what people sometimes refer to as "karma", what negative you may do to others, will come back to you many times over...

This has all the makings of becoming a semi religious topic/debate, we had one like this once over in the "other" place...

Intriguiging topic, but remember to play nice while debating!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #43
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

yeah if that is one thing i do believe in it is karma for sure.. karma is a mutha and you do bad shit and that karma bus will run your ass over for sure..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #44
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
yeah if that is one thing i do believe in it is karma for sure.. karma is a mutha and you do bad shit and that karma bus will run your ass over for sure..
The idea of karma is bunk. Bad things do not necessarily happen to bad people...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #45
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The idea of karma is bunk. Bad things do not necessarily happen to bad people...
Maybe not that youd notice, but I have seen first hand how things turn out when someone is responsible for negative towards others and how in the end, whether days, weeks, months, or even years later something along those same lines comes back to visit them...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:32 PM   #46
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Maybe not that youd notice, but I have seen first hand how things turn out when someone is responsible for negative towards others and how in the end, whether days, weeks, months, or even years later something along those same lines comes back to visit them...
That's just the human response to the world... always trying to rationalize the random... The truth is, nothing ever 'comes back around'... Shit happens. To everyone. May it be good shit, bad shit, cold shit, wet shit, shitty shit, whatever. It has nothing to do with any sort of cosmic response to certain decisions people make. It has nothing to do with any sort of outlined sequence of events that leads back to some sort of moral or ethical reference point for how we live our lives. Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. None of it has anything to do with the other in the grand timeline of events.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I think I don't truely believe in Karma... but I act as though it's true... I try to think... is a shortcut now worth paying for it later? cause my luck... I would.... 10x over. deep down I know it's all chance... but all in all it helps my conscience stay quiet.

I think those that believe in Karma are just optimists... believing that the good will come out on top... not a bad view really... who cares if you never see the bad come back to them... if you've convinced yourself that it will happen... your world is equal...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #48
1hottbikechic
Ninja Hottie

Moto: Sportbikes, MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
you're attractive , you dont have to worry about this sort of stuff.
Thanks I think, but substance matters too

Rae, this is a great topic, and I think you and I look at it pretty much the same!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #49
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

kinda reminds me of that book ihbc was talking about, my stepdad has been getting me to try that book for years now and i still am on on ly the first chapter

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Back to the topic for me, yes I do tend to believe that things are self fulfilling, when you are convinced something bad is going to happen, it will simply because you will it so, but I also believe that sometimes shit happens and is going to continue to happen through no fault of your own...true bad luck I guess you'd say...and sometimes i think it can be attributed to what people sometimes refer to as "karma", what negative you may do to others, will come back to you many times over...

This has all the makings of becoming a semi religious topic/debate, we had one like this once over in the "other" place...

Intriguiging topic, but remember to play nice while debating!!
well the important thing here is you had a good trackday. get yer knee down yet? and pitside wifi is fricken awesome
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote