Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #41
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley View Post
Yes at around 23 had enought chucked some chlose in back of dodge commer van and then spent nearly 17 homeless travled the world done many things. climed up to the 19th course of khufu's pyrimd if you go higher thay start shootiong at you. missed some good opertunites ect but do not reget anything....

If I could understand this I would think it was "wicked cool" I'm sure...

So, to practice my active "listening" skills... You left at age 23 with nothing but a few clothes in some kind of Dodge van. You spent 17 homeless years traveling the world doing many cool things. You climbed Khufu's pyramid (what?, where?) to the 19th course (?course?)... Why will they shoot at you after that?

I'd LOVE to share a pint and hear some of your stories...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #42
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Munich 1997: On day, on a cold & rainy day, I looked out of the window and decided that I hated my life job and life. The next day I started selling everything, cancelled my lease, quit my job (6 weeks notice), moved my cats to my parents and moved to Asia. Worked there for a while, kept moving, married an American, worked on a yacht as a cook and 2nd mate, landed in Florida, moved to the west coast, moved to the east coast....

it worked - why? Because I had a disposable life at this time. I didn't own a house, I wanted to get rid of my ex anyway (looser couldn't find a place he could afford), I already had 2 degrees and nothing to loose. I would not have done it in the middle of an education or while married....

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #43
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I did it.

When I was 21, I just picked up and left to move to the West Coast. I was following a dream I'd put on hold but couldn't put on hold anymore. I'm glad I did it and wouldn't change it for the world. Spent 5 years out there. Had the time of my life.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #44
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Wow that was an idesmo post.
Missing a whacked out picture - and it hasn't been deleted yet...

I miss him.

I just realized I didn't reply to the question at hand.

I have run away from home a few times. Each time, life caught up with me. And, each time the adventure has sent me into a fantastic discovery. Maybe because I let life change me.

I have finally landed somewhere that allows me to come home after I go on an adventure. I cherish that...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #45
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Run away- nope, never had to. Every four years or so I end up somewhere else anyway. Makes me wonder how people can stand to stay in one place forever- you know, go to kindergarten, middle school, high school, college with the same people. Though it also explains how messed up a lot of pople are... Luckily, I'm not dealing with a bad marriage or kids in my wake. But for me, it's just a matter of pick one new thing I want or a change I need and make it happen. Simple

When you continually all you get is a headache- or a concussion
Old 12-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #46
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I dropped out of college in my early 20's and moved to Ohio and stayed with my best friend who had just moved there.

A year later after spending all my savings, sick of the cold, and making $3.49/hour I moved back to NC.

A year after that I graduated from college. My last year of college I made a 3.8 too!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
Was the finger shake included?

But I concur that depression plays a part in these feelings. Doesn't matter where I go, or what job I have. Seems like I'm rarely happy, and usually get bored w/in a year or two.
While you're talking about depression - Alaska is SOOO NOOOTTT the place to move if you suffer from it...
Old 12-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #48
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

Hey, this reminds me...who was that crazy chick on CF who lived in Hawaii but was constantly depressed?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #49
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udman View Post
Hey, this reminds me...who was that crazy chick on CF who lived in Hawaii but was constantly depressed?
Can't remember her screen name but she had a huge tattoo of a German Shepherd on her side and stomach!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #50
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

That would be Cultureslayer I think.