Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You need to conform to some extent. Making your child an outsider or letting your very young child make choices that will make them an outsider with their peers isn't always in the best interest. Kids need to learn to be social and fitting in is part of that.
I can see as he gets a little older if he wants to grow his hair but at age 4 I think thats a bit early.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Following rules are required. Even if you don't agree with them. And even if they're stupid and require conformity to some standard someone else set.
We have a fundamental disagreement on this I've always questioned rules that I believed were ignorant, predatory, or arbitrary and pointless. While it's critical to always weigh the stakes at hand before acting, I would never tell anyone, much less a child I was responsible for, that authority automatically confers "right". You can't learn anything about human history and still believe that.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
We have a fundamental disagreement on this I've always questioned rules that I believed were ignorant, predatory, or arbitrary and pointless. While it's critical to always weigh the stakes at hand before acting, I would never tell anyone, much less a child I was responsible for, that authority automatically confers "right". You can't learn anything about human history and still believe that.
That’s my son. He questions everything and everyone. Especially if he thinks they're full of shit. It's his nature. that, AND He would argue with a telephone pole if he thought it was wrong.

I don't think we have a fundamental disagreement as much as we're simply natured differently.

I prefer to respectfully hear a blowhard out...let them fully expel their rant and fulfill their intended purpose...then disregard as opposed to argue. It's not worth my time or effort.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I wouldn't want my kid in a fucking school with fucking assholes who care more about his fucking hair than his fucking education.

Fuck them, kid...wear your fucking hair whatever way you want, but PLEASE, let's get the fuck out of here, and go in search of people who should actually be teaching kids.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I wouldn't want my kid in a fucking school with fucking assholes who care more about his fucking hair than his fucking education.

Fuck them, kid...wear your fucking hair whatever way you want, but PLEASE, let's get the fuck out of here, and go in search of people who should actually be teaching kids.
This.

The kid getting made fun of...being picked on...not the real issue here.

Why is THIS KID asked to conform to a rule the seems innane.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Why is THIS KID asked to conform to a rule the seems innane.
To prepare him for life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
To prepare him for life.
Again, I'd say "fuck these clowns, let's go find someone who should be teaching kids", and avoid the fucking morons. In life, I side-step fucking morons all the time, and I think it would even be a great teaching opportunity.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Again, I'd say "fuck these clowns, let's go find someone who should be teaching kids", and avoid the fucking morons. In life, I side-step fucking morons all the time, and I think it would even be a great teaching opportunity.
watch the video on this, his parent isn't exactly Einstein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
CasterTroy

Quote:
How’s that worked for you so far?

Not to be a prick, but you've not had the most rosie path ever taken man.

I totally agree that stupid, close-minded, ignorant people should be avoided at all cost...but you CAN'T. Avoidance is not a solution...it's delaying the inevitable. You have to DEAL with the issues and work WITH the ignorant. The opportunity to avoid them won't always BE there.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
To prepare him for life.
Yeah but then you are teaching them to become a conformist with no individuality. Another sheep if you will.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote