Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #41
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Neither version, this one or mine includes employers getting rid of bans against, testing for, or "the stigma that 70 years of brainwashing causes" where marijuana is concerned.
Yea, its going to take a while to undo that kind of damage. 20 years maybe? Who knows...

And that's IF it ever gets legalized, which is still a very big if. In fact, I wouldn't put money on it being legalized, even in Cali in Nov. Never underestimate the gullibleness of Americans.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #42
t-homo
WSB Champion

I think there is a good chance of it passing in November. Guess it's impossible to tell until then.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #43
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
I think there is a good chance of it passing in November. Guess it's impossible to tell until then.
Its not gonna pass dude. If it begins to look like it will you can expect a new and inventive round of propaganda to begin making the rounds just in time. Schizophrenia anyone?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #44
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Baby steps:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...cmpid=15585797
Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You're totally right dude, military guys and gals never get drunk. And they especially never get pissed drunk.

My bad.

Are we talking about drugs or alcohol? If you are drunk or duty you are penalized, if you are caught drunk driving, you are penalized. If you get drunk and misbehave, you are penalized. I didn't say that military personnel don't get drunk. I said that there are regulations. Smoking dope is against regs and I don't think that will change whether pot is legal or not. Do you really want someone whom you depend on to keep you alive next to you high on anything? I don't. Personally, I don't care what the impairment is caused by. Please tell me that you don't think that people carrying guns, operating heavy equipment, driving, performing surgery, watching your children, etc would be okay high... Personally, I can't depend on someone that is high. Oh and everyone please stop pretending that crimes aren't committed to purchased pot...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #46
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Within 20 years I think weed will be legalized across the board. It will take another 20-40 years for the military to let people smoke. Its gonna happen, just waiting for the current generation of old farts who grew up watching reefer madness to die off. The other big step thats gonna be needed is for a squeeky clean politician or nationally respected person (like Colin Powel) to come out and say he smokes weed recreationally.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #47
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Or those who ride motorcycles but aren't adrenaline junkies.
I thought those were called moped riders.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #48
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Responding to the Original Post here,
Anything you use internally to alter Consciousness or Perception is a drug. (that includes the Alcohol)
Drug are Inanimate objects and Harmless Until you ad Humans. Since the Majority of Ills related to Drugs are related to Anti Social behaviors that developed as the result of the prohibitive laws. (Various forms of theft to get money, IV use because cost is so high and a Huge Shadow Economy whose profits are directly related to interdiction efforts) MAKE THEM ALL LEGAL!
Treat them All as we do the drug Alcohol legislate strength and Uniformity tie use to the age of majority.
Punish Anti Social Behavior period not the state of mind.
Again treat other Substances as we do the Drug Alcohol, place a tax on them with a percentage for treatment of addicts, a percentage going for health care, the rest going to the state or federal government.
Legalization with rules governing uniformity would immediately remove the huge profits associated with the drug trade. With so much less money to be made the reduction in violence follows.
Now to acknowledge my Bias.
I am Recovering Addict who has used no recreational drugs in 29 years (including Alcohol)
I am also a Drug and Alcohol Counselor who currently vends services to the Department of Corrections in 2 states. I see the routine failure of interdiction daily.
I see nothing morally wrong with responsible recreational drug use.
I believe however it is irresponsible not to acknowledge the Alcohol Cannabis and anything else used recreational for their mind altering qualities are drugs.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #49
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I don't view it as discrimination. I don't care what happens I don't see employers allowing marijuana intoxication at work. Since I don't believe a reliable test for intoxication is available the remaining option is to test for use. Until a reliable intoxication test is developed it means tough titties for weed smokers.
I think that this is one of the biggest issues with legalizing pot right here. You can be tested for alcohol use on the spot to see if you're impared 'at the moment' but with pot they can only tell if you've used it or not within the last 30 or so days but still don't know if you under the influence 'at the moment' or not.

I honestly wish it was legal.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #50
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Like I mentioned before, you aren't supposed to drink 8 hours prior to showing up for duty, this is to prevent you being drunk at work. If they legalized weed and were going to let the military smoke the only way I could see it happening is if you had 30 days of leave and smoked at the beginning of it, which I bet goes on now. Tigger's right, it probably won't be legal for most of the high stress jobs, which is ironic.