Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #41
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Hmmm... me either, that wasn't my exact point, merely that everyone said they would close shop in a couple years... probably a bad example. The thing is that lots of people spend top dollar for exclusive or designer clothes, cars, bikes, etc... I buy whatever catches my eye at the time. I personally don't like the EH look because of the large logos. it's the same reason I don't buy Coogi. I buy clothes for fit and the way it looks on me. Almost all of my jeans are either Lucky or Express for this reason.

Getting back to Polo... if the only difference between a Polo polo and an Aeropostal (for example) polo is the logo, why spend 2-3x as much? Could it be the prestige of wearing Polo? Are you really going to argue that Polo brand clothes are that much better than the less expensive brands? Isn't it a fact that all of these clothes are, for the most part, made in some sweatshop in a third world country? I still maintain that the main reason for wearing designer clothing is ''prestige" and not "quality". I've had Guess jeans that fell apart after a few washes and crappy Old Navy jeans that refuse to die! If you really are olny concerned with "quality" and "wear", go to Walmart and buy some Dickies jeans...they could conceivably BURY you in them if you live to be 80!!!

Who said anything about quality?

I've been wearing Polo since I was a kid. Why? I like them.

Could I wear Aeropostal cheaper? You tell me. I'm not trendy enough to know who has the best deals in the mall.

If I need a casual shirt to go somewhere in, I can be in and out of Macy's in 5 minutes thanks to Ralph Lauren. If I am feeling budget conscious, I can hit up the local TJMaxx and buy them for $30 each.

Why does everything have to become a price war with you? Ed Hardy could be in the bargain bin at Target and they would still be obnoxious and ghey.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #42
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
If you really are olny concerned with "quality" and "wear", go to Walmart and buy some Dickies jeans...they could conceivably BURY you in them if you live to be 80!!!
There is a reason nobody I know (which includes nobody on this board, probably) wears Dikies or Faded Glory jeans on a date or out to the clubs.........Because they aren't exactly good-looking. I don't care how durable or long-lasting they are.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #43
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Gotta agree with this. If you walk around with someone else's brand or name blazoned across your chest on a T-Shirt you paid $35 for you are most definitely a tool. Really, who the fuck pays that much for shirts to advertise for someone else and not get any cut of the profit? .Abercrombie fanboys, Ed Hardy fan boys...whatever, they're all the same.

It reminds me of when I was in 6th grade and you just weren't fucking cool if you didn't have some Girbaud jeans. Seriously, you absolutely could not be in with the "popular" crowd if you didn't have these $60-80 jeans...in 6th fucking grade. How did they know if you were rockin Girbaud or not? They had a little white tag on the dick to make sure everyone knew you got fucking ripped off on some jeans.
Except shirts like ed hardy and affliction are extra homo. Affliction shirt wearers are automatic douches in my book until proven un-douche
Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #44
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Except shirts like ed hardy and affliction are extra homo. Affliction shirt wearers are automatic douches in my book until proven un-douche
Man its not even about homo, its about being dumb enough to pay all that for a T-Shirt that only serves to advertise for a company that you are in no way affiliated with.

Don't get me started on Affliction/TapOut/Etc. Sure, I wear martial arts shirts...but they support my dojo...not some random company.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Hmmm... me either, that wasn't my exact point, merely that everyone said they would close shop in a couple years... probably a bad example. The thing is that lots of people spend top dollar for exclusive or designer clothes, cars, bikes, etc... I buy whatever catches my eye at the time. I personally don't like the EH look because of the large logos. it's the same reason I don't buy Coogi. I buy clothes for fit and the way it looks on me. Almost all of my jeans are either Lucky or Express for this reason.

Getting back to Polo... if the only difference between a Polo polo and an Aeropostal (for example) polo is the logo, why spend 2-3x as much? Could it be the prestige of wearing Polo? Are you really going to argue that Polo brand clothes are that much better than the less expensive brands? Isn't it a fact that all of these clothes are, for the most part, made in some sweatshop in a third world country? I still maintain that the main reason for wearing designer clothing is ''prestige" and not "quality". I've had Guess jeans that fell apart after a few washes and crappy Old Navy jeans that refuse to die! If you really are olny concerned with "quality" and "wear", go to Walmart and buy some Dickies jeans...they could conceivably BURY you in them if you live to be 80!!!
Again, difference between Polo and EH is..............

Polo: I'm an office worker of some kind, and just want to wear something that simply looks decent

EH: I'm self-conscious about my lack of culture & personality, so I'm gonna take it up a notch by wearing a shirt that's got some big huge "tribal" design or big dragon on it, to make it look like I'm an interesting person.

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #46
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
It reminds me of when I was in 6th grade and you just weren't fucking cool if you didn't have some Girbaud jeans. Seriously, you absolutely could not be in with the "popular" crowd if you didn't have these $60-80 jeans...in 6th fucking grade. How did they know if you were rockin Girbaud or not? They had a little white tag on the dick to make sure everyone knew you got fucking ripped off on some jeans.
It was name brand shoes when I was a kid. The first thing anybody looked at on you were your shoes. God forbid if you didn't have Nike, Reebok, Adidas, or BK's on your feet. You couldn't possibly be hanging with the cool kids.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #47
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Polo: I'm an office worker of some kind, and just want to wear something that simply looks decent

EH: I'm self-conscious about my lack of culture & personality, so I'm gonna take it up a notch by wearing a shirt that's got some big huge "tribal" design or big dragon on it, to make it look like I'm an interesting person.

Agreed.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #48
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
It was name brand shoes when I was a kid. The first thing anybody looked at on you were your shoes. God forbid if you didn't have Nike, Reebok, Adidas, or BK's on your feet. You couldn't possibly be hanging with the cool kids.
The shoes go without saying. If your parents can afford $60 for a pair of jeans you damn sure won't be rockin any XJ9000's to school.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #49
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Stephen Colbert says:

Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #50
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Man its not even about homo, its about being dumb enough to pay all that for a T-Shirt that only serves to advertise for a company that you are in no way affiliated with.

Don't get me started on Affliction/TapOut/Etc. Sure, I wear martial arts shirts...but they support my dojo...not some random company.
harley davidson is even worse. At the rally we stopped at a HD dealer ship (gas man was with us ) and they had some t-shirts in there and were asking like 80 bucks for them
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote