Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #41
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

^^^^It just depends on when and where...as I referenced in my response to this same post. My parents didn't allow us to run around a restaurant screaming around other peoples tables or in a movie theater. So no I don't think it's ok for kids to run around and scream anytime and anywhere they want to.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #42
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I try hard to ignore other peoples kids in public....getting frustrated by or irritated with other peoples kids just seems like a waste of energy. I do get frustrated with the parents of kids who are obviously misbehaving in public who don't intervene though.

It just seems like parents now days can't be bothered....tolerant and over indulgent to a truly self destructive degree....their kids can do NO wrong...and fat? Next time you are out in public pay attention....look at the little kids...I'm talking YOUNG kids....5 years old...and morbidly obese already. It's fucking CRAZY....an absolute epidemic of sloth and laziness...of piss poor decision making on the part of their parents.

I took my daughter to the pool over the week-end and was shocked by all of those little fat kids All I could think of was Wall-E.....

KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #43
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

We used to eat out a lot, now, not so much, because demon spawn just can't handle it (or wait, i can't handle him while eating out) I don't want to make others miserable, so we stay home.

Will try again in a couple months, but for now, it's saving us money at least! HAHA
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
...and fat? Next time you are out in public pay attention....look at the little kids...I'm talking YOUNG kids....5 years old...and morbidly obese already. It's fucking CRAZY....an absolute epidemic of sloth and laziness...of piss poor decision making on the part of their parents.
I am disgusted every time I look at my two nieces. They are both fat. There is no other way to say it. The 6 year old has a belly that could rival an old man's beer belly. And the 9 year old is just pudgy all over. I guess putting ranch dressing on everything and eating chicken nuggets every day isn't exactly a slimming diet.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #45
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
eating chicken nuggets every day isn't exactly a slimming diet.
This is what aggravates me. If I have a kid, I don't want it to know what mcdonald's is.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #46
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This is what aggravates me. If I have a kid, I don't want it to know what mcdonald's is.
These kids could recite the menu of every fast food place around. Absolutely sickens me what they're fed on a daily basis. And my sister-in-law recently said they were going to take the middle child to the doctor because of her weight. Um....how about you stop feeding her CRAP!!!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #47
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I am disgusted every time I look at my two nieces. They are both fat. There is no other way to say it. The 6 year old has a belly that could rival an old man's beer belly. And the 9 year old is just pudgy all over. I guess putting ranch dressing on everything and eating chicken nuggets every day isn't exactly a slimming diet.
Shitty diet is one thing - another is having them park their ass on the couch for days. Eating shitty food. Rinse,repeat ....
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #48
tkevcu
Trailer Queen

Moto: 919

Kids are a direct result of the parenting (or lack thereof) that they receive. I took my son to a Thomas the Tank Engine event at a railroad. Leading up the the whole event, I was miserable thinking about the brats that would be there.

I was amazed that all of the kids were appropriately behaved, and every time I saw one getting out of line, a parent dealt with them. I had one kid ran right into me at full speed, not watching what he was doing. The mother made him apoligize... "I'm sorry" didn't cut it. She made him say "I'm sorry for running into you."

This was a Tweetsie Railroad in Boone, NC.

If my son starts to act up...we leave, and he knows it. He's better behaved in public than he is at home.
tkevcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #49
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I want one... Trip, I'll take 1,000 of these as vinyl stickers, 8"x10" please. And I'm going to plaster them on the front window of EVERY public place I go to from this point forward.
No need to go through all of that trouble. Just eat where kids can't go. Such as the Titty Club!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #50
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Shitty diet is one thing - another is having them park their ass on the couch for days. Eating shitty food. Rinse,repeat ....
Definitely...the two together...*facepalm*
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote