Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #41
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I was whipped until I cried and then some. FYI. Don't tucker down cause yo back has no cushion.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #42
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Sorry, but I don't agree with any form of corporal punishment. Though, I feel too many of today's parents are trying to give their kids a hug and a cookie for their actions. THAT is moronic, at best. There should be a better balance.

Animals punish their young with pain, we are above that. We have opposable thumbs and are supposedly intelligent creatures. Yet, we continue to bruise our way through our lives. Awesome.
If its worked in the animal kingdom this long, well then.......
I don't believe in "Beating". What I believe in is corporal punishment, let the punishment fit the crime and be just. I have often been able to get the response from both of my children with just the, "I am gonna WHOOP your ass, if you don't quit" look. Other times when my son has been acting a complete fool and has been told more than once to knock it off then its a crack on the backside. If he persists then he gets full on 5 whack spanking, and sent to his room to stare at the ceiling. I also am not a big fan of repeating myself. If I have told my daughter more than twice in the same week about school requirements, whatever they may be, its time to remind her, by tanning her backside. NEVER, NEVER do I beat my kids ANYWHERE other than on their bottom. I have never grabbed their arms to leave bruises or shook them, or used any type of close fist on them. (although, I am sure before my son hits 18 we may come to that, he's got a fightin streak in him) I have on occasion done the finger to the sternum trick to snap them back to reality a time or two. That in a nutshell is what I call corporal punishment. NO BELTS, NO SWITCHES, NOTHING OTHER THAN MY HAND

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #43
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
If its worked in the animal kingdom this long, well then.......
I don't believe in "Beating". What I believe in is corporal punishment, let the punishment fit the crime and be just. I have often been able to get the response from both of my children with just the, "I am gonna WHOOP your ass, if you don't quit" look. Other times when my son has been acting a complete fool and has been told more than once to knock it off then its a crack on the backside. If he persists then he gets full on 5 whack spanking, and sent to his room to stare at the ceiling. I also am not a big fan of repeating myself. If I have told my daughter more than twice in the same week about school requirements, whatever they may be, its time to remind her, by tanning her backside. NEVER, NEVER do I beat my kids ANYWHERE other than on their bottom. I have never grabbed their arms to leave bruises or shook them, or used any type of close fist on them. (although, I am sure before my son hits 18 we may come to that, he's got a fightin streak in him) I have on occasion done the finger to the sternum trick to snap them back to reality a time or two. That in a nutshell is what I call corporal punishment. NO BELTS, NO SWITCHES, NOTHING OTHER THAN MY HAND
I feel pretty much the same and this is pretty much how I was raised...well except for an occasional belt used on me when I was in my teens.

I have no problem with parants spanking their children. Abuse and beating obviously is a different story.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #44
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Belts rock.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #45
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

I got my butt spanked when I was a kid. Most of the time my dad used a belt or a paddle. If I acted up in public, we went to the car. I always hated that walk.

My 3 yr old daughter will get 1 whack when she is spanked (rarely) but is always preceded by a talk of why she is being punished. Always my hand, and never anywhere other than her butt. ALWAYS in the privacy of my home. We've found though, that the most effective punishment for her is to have her stand in the living room corner for 4 minutes with her nose mere inches from the wall. If she moves, or speaks, she gets an additional minute. When the egg timer beeps, she can leave. She HATES this punishment and we use it whenever it's needed. Every time she is punished, we tell her why and what she should have done differently. I feel talking with her and explaining what she did wrong is the most important piece of the process. At 3 years old, she understands actions have consequences.

With my son's young age, 19 months, he only gets a few minutes of isolation in his crib. He hates not being able to have his freedom.

I agree that there is a difference between punishing your children and beating them. The punishment should fit the crime and I try to never physically discipline my children (child is more applicable for me) while I'm angry.

I agree with caveman. "Beating" is never an option and I despise people who beat their children/wives etc...

I also agree with Pauldun. There is no good reason to hit a toddler. They can't comprehend what they did wrong. If they are old enough to comprehend and no other punishment fits, corporal punishment is an option in my book.

There have been times that I've wanted to duct tape them both to the wall!!! Having children is one of the most rewarding things, but it's also one of the most frustrating!

In 3 weeks I will have 3 children under the age of 4.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #46
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

You guys never go for the face huh? If not the father, who's supposed to teach a boy how to take a hit?

And are you guys saying that a 4 month old Canine puppy is capable of associating pain with undesired behavior but a 2 year old human child is not? Give me a break...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #47
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Belts rock.
... and shoes, hairbrushes, rulers...

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #48
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I was spanked as a child. It only gave me the desire to not get caught again. That meant, I wasn't corrected in the specific action - just didn't want to be busted. I wanted a better option for my children.

Anger and physical violence have no place in my home. There has been entirely too much of that in my life.

You want to beat your child? That's fine - go for it. Here, it's well within your rights as a parent. It's referred to as "Parental Discipline" within the law. Defined; you can do what you feel is necessary to contain and control your child within reasonable means.

Frankly, my method isn't easy. So, given the choice of the general public going my route or that of your "tried and true" spanking method, I'd prefer more spank their child. That is because too many of the public are lazy assholes that don't understand common sense or don't get involved in their own lives [let alone their children's lives]. They think it's "neat" to spawn and create more lazy assholes.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #49
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I was spanked
let the leghumping begin

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #50
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
let the leghumping begin

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote