Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #41
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

My grandma gave me my gramps .243 rifle. Ive taken down every deer with it so im glad i got it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #42
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

So I got a new toolbox, some Raiders clothes, a screwdriver set, and all the winter gear I need for ABU's. That's right, fleece, APEX, and sleep shirt. And with the monies I got I'm going to go and get an Apple TV today.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #43
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Got a Sodastation soda maker, Spyderco H1 knife and sharpening kit, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, pocket LED flashlight.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #44
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Got 3 blu rays, a hoodie, 12 month live membership, some cash, a few gift cards, 2 t shirts and i believe one of my friends that ive yet to exchange with got me a 360 game.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
So I got a new toolbox, some Raiders clothes, a screwdriver set, and all the winter gear I need for ABU's. That's right, fleece, APEX, and sleep shirt. And with the monies I got I'm going to go and get an Apple TV today.
Hey do some studying before you buy...I keep looking at the Roku or even the Veebeam. The Roku pulls streaming content to your TV and the Veebeam wirelessly streams anything on your computer to an HDMI input on your TV. the Roku is $100 for the top unit and the Veebeam is <$150...just sayin' I'm seriously tempted to buy a second PS3 for streaming use in the bedroom. The Apple TV is just kinda limited as far as I can see, anyway. Don't get me started on Google TV.....boo!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 12-26-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #46
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I didn't get shit.

My spoiled rotten only child 4 year old got more stuff than he knows what to do with.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #47
Amorok
Issukangitok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Hey do some studying before you buy...I keep looking at the Roku or even the Veebeam. The Roku pulls streaming content to your TV and the Veebeam wirelessly streams anything on your computer to an HDMI input on your TV. the Roku is $100 for the top unit and the Veebeam is <$150...just sayin' I'm seriously tempted to buy a second PS3 for streaming use in the bedroom. The Apple TV is just kinda limited as far as I can see, anyway. Don't get me started on Google TV.....boo!
I appreciate it, but I'm using iTunes almost exclusively for media nowadays. Over the next year or so I'm moving completely to Apple products for my home computing, fuck Windows. The Apple TV will work until I replace my entire media system with a Mac Mini running Boxee. VeeBeam looks cool though.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #48
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

No gifts opened in my house yet - I'm the only one here until Tuesday and Evan will be home for New Years. He told me mine is set to arrive this week, the only hint was a choice of color - Orange or Black with Red. *giddy*

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I appreciate it, but I'm using iTunes almost exclusively for media nowadays. Over the next year or so I'm moving completely to Apple products for my home computing, fuck Windows. The Apple TV will work until I replace my entire media system with a Mac Mini running Boxee. VeeBeam looks cool though.
Boxee is cool! I have the app on my phone and computer but I haven't bought the unit yet, still weighing my options. I've intalled quite a few mac minis and they are a decent piece of equipment for sure but I am seriously wondering if I wouldn't be better served ordering a mini tower and components from New Egg and connecting that to my TVs... Or again just buying a second PS3...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #50
Amorok
Issukangitok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Boxee is cool! I have the app on my phone and computer but I haven't bought the unit yet, still weighing my options. I've intalled quite a few mac minis and they are a decent piece of equipment for sure but I am seriously wondering if I wouldn't be better served ordering a mini tower and components from New Egg and connecting that to my TVs... Or again just buying a second PS3...
I would recommend building a cheap tower with a lot of ram, HDD space and a midgrade processor for a home theater computer. Think a bottom end Core Duo processor with 8 gigs of ram and a small main drive with at least a terabyte secondary. You can use on-board graphics and sound without any problems. Even with another ps3 you'll be transferring files either to an auxiliary drive or constantly maxing out your wifi bandwidth with transfers and filling up the ps3's drive. Might as well cut out the middleman. Boxee has a dedicated unit made by Dlink you might want to check out, it works a lot like the old Apple TV but with Boxee instead of the iTunes store, check it out at Dlink's site or read this C-Net hands on review.