Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
You're right. Education is a waste. Let's keep everyone ignorant.
For some people it most definitely is a waste. We need grunts. This whole idea of sending people to college to drink and party and get degrees in underwater basket weaving or some other bullshit is a waste of resources. Some people never should step foot in higher education. They don't need to know Portuguese or that's what's spoken in Brazil. They just need to know how to make a certain widget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #42
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Who decides who's a worker drone, not worthy of education, Trip?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #43
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Who decides who's a worker drone, not worthy of education, Trip?
That's the great part, YOU do. Perform in primary education.

Weed em out in high school. Stricter entrance guidelines in college. Want to prove you belong in college, go to a tech school or CC. Earn your way in. If you want to dick off, off to the factory with you.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #44
Trip
Hold mah beer!

A lot of our colleges are turning into a joke. We have to up entrance fees, so we can make sure Douchebag Tom can take Ancient Asian Art Studies and then wind up working in his local Best Buy as an assistant manager. If he is lucky then he can find a way to hang around at college and get a doctorate in something equally as worthless and train another generation in some piece of shit subject which further handicaps the American population against foreigners coming into our country and getting high level engineering/science degrees worth a damn at our schools and going back home and advancing their country while we get stuck with Dr. Douchebag Tom.

Sorry, we need to weed out programs and make college affordable and educate our leaders with classes that are actually worth a damn.
Quote:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

If a foreigner can speak English, it's only because A) he was forced to by his school, or B) he wanted a job that required English. Why is that impressive? I'm sure if either of those conditions were true for an American, they'd pick up another language too. If either A) or B) is not true, then there really is no point in becoming good at another language. I mean how many times is the average American going to fly overseas to the SAME country over and over? I could see learning Spanish just because there are so many Spanish-speaking people here, but what other nationality has a big enough presence here, that would give you the opportunity to USE what you learned every day? Because if you don't, you lose it, so what was the point of learning it?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #46
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
If a foreigner can speak English, it's only because A) he was forced to by his school, or B) he wanted a job that required English. Why is that impressive? I'm sure if either of those conditions were true for an American, they'd pick up another language too. If either A) or B) is not true, then there really is no point in becoming good at another language. I mean how many times is the average American going to fly overseas to the SAME country over and over? I could see learning Spanish just because there are so many Spanish-speaking people here, but what other nationality has a big enough presence here, that would give you the opportunity to USE what you learned every day? Because if you don't, you lose it, so what was the point of learning it?
Bing
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #47
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Oh, I see...so you use everything you learned in school.

Cultural awareness counts for nothing?

Brazilian schools all teach English. Most Brazilians can't even get a fucking visa to visit here, even though they are some of the highest spending tourists abroad...such a waste, all that education, huh?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #48
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

I'm starting to think some of the people here were in the poll...
Old 07-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #49
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The last time I queried a canadian about history he went on a two hour rant about how canada won world war 2 with a bunker buster bomb
See, that's what I mean. They can clear up all those misconceptions we Americans harbor
Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #50
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:

Next thing you know, they'll be able to pronounce "Guarana".

Ok, that's a stretch.

I probably pronounce it wrong, but I can drink the hell out of it.
Gimme that and churrascaria and I'm a happy man... oh, and a nice strong caipirinha