Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #41
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Motor break in is complete....so...I celebrated by taking it down Stony Creek Road in the southern Flint Hills yesterday.

The good?

It's agile as hell....the suspension is tuned pretty well bone stock. The car feels well balanced and sticks to the road very well.

The motor creates good torque down low....and exceptional pull at higher revs. It will take some getting used to, though...keeping the revs up in order to stay in the heart of the power delivery.

The rev sync is not a gimmick....it works well when driving hard. I USUALLY prefer to rev match myself...but under hard driving, it's a nice luxury.

The not quite as good?

The brakes on the Sport Package suck under hard driving. I over heated them and caused big time fade after 2 passes down Stony Creek Road. I've read of people boiling their brake fluid in a matter of a lap or two on the track. Definitely gonna need some upgrading in this area.

The stock air intakes and exhaust are far too restrictive. Priority number one is to open up the breathing of the car.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #42
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I would recommend meeting some Z forum members to see which aftermarket exhaust you like, to avoid getting the wrong one. The reason I say that is because I've heard many modded Nissan V6's that sounded "farty"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #43
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I would recommend meeting some Z forum members to see which aftermarket exhaust you like, to avoid getting the wrong one. The reason I say that is because I've heard many modded Nissan V6's that sounded "farty"
Already done that....several contenders....talking with the local 370Z crowd too about their mods...and listening to/looking at their cars in person.

FI seems to be pretty popular with the Z, too...but I'm not sure if I'm ready to go that route because of reliability concerns...well that, and it voids the extended warranty I got in the deal.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote