Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #51
Destitute
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Just had my first Arrogant Bastard this past weekend, pretty good shit!
Stone has some excellent brews. Try the Ruination IPA, Imperial Russian Stout, or Double Bastard Ale if you get a chance.
Destitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #52
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
lmao i love red stripe. Hooray beer!
But do you think it has a lot of body or flavor? I don't.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #53
Rider
Moto GP Star

Dirty Bastard is a great beer if you like Scotch Ales.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #54
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
While PBR's success stems from its niche, dive appeal, it isn't actually the cheapest of the cheap. PBR is at least $1 a case more than Busch Light and Keystone Light, says Benj Steinman of Beer Marketer's Insights. PBR drinkers may want to look down-market, but they're willing to spend a little bit extra to make sure no one mistakes them for the mainstream.
Really? Around here, it's "hip" because any night of the week, you can find someplace with $1 PBRs (and they're always 16 oz cans, not 12 oz).

I haven't known anyone who drinks it cus they LOVE it, they drink it cus it's CHEAP!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #55
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Remember 15 yrs ago when "Dicks Last Resort" started growing? The bar where you get treated like shit, and people throw their trash/food on the floor? It was like a staged "dive bar"........for suburbanites who've probably never been in a real dive bar. It lets them pretend to be "down with the struggle", or "in with the common man"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #56
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Remember 15 yrs ago when "Dicks Last Resort" started growing? The bar where you get treated like shit, and people throw their trash/food on the floor? It was like a staged "dive bar"........for suburbanites who've probably never been in a real dive bar. It lets them pretend to be "down with the struggle", or "in with the common man"

Actually a friend of mine made that exact same point about PBR - the area where he lives is old (big) money, and has more Dollar PBR nights than ever - and he said the same thing - rich kids in their Bimmers trying to be one with the working man.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #57
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

Actually a friend of mine made that exact same point about PBR - the area where he lives is old (big) money, and has more Dollar PBR nights than ever - and he said the same thing - rich kids in their Bimmers trying to be one with the working man.
That is exactly the problem. I have noticed that here in Boulder (not a cheap place to live) a lot of the bars have actually raised prices on PBR because it is so popular so there is no longer the excuse of it being cheap it is just trendy. I weep for the future every time I see some 'hipster' paying $4-5 for a PBR at a bar.

P.S. I can't wait to get back to Dallas since there is a Flying Saucer right down the road from my apartment.
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #58
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
That is exactly the problem. I have noticed that here in Boulder (not a cheap place to live) a lot of the bars have actually raised prices on PBR because it is so popular so there is no longer the excuse of it being cheap it is just trendy. I weep for the future every time I see some 'hipster' paying $4-5 for a PBR at a bar.
Oh GAWD... THat's just fucked up.... I drank a ton of it this weekend cus.. well... it was FREE (and there were thousands of them available )... but if I'm PAYING for it, I'm gonna go Yeungling, Blue Moon or Bass...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #59
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post

P.S. I can't wait to get back to Dallas since there is a Flying Saucer right down the road from my apartment.
Arent there some good brewpub/beer bars in boulder though? We went there on a trip when we went to the GABF and went through there one year.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #60
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I remember when a case of PBR was $4. and it tasted like it.

But, like us, you drank it, because it was 4$ (except in my time it was 9).

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote