Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #51
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkevcu View Post
Kids are a direct result of the parenting (or lack thereof) that they receive. I took my son to a Thomas the Tank Engine event at a railroad. Leading up the the whole event, I was miserable thinking about the brats that would be there.

I was amazed that all of the kids were appropriately behaved, and every time I saw one getting out of line, a parent dealt with them. I had one kid ran right into me at full speed, not watching what he was doing. The mother made him apoligize... "I'm sorry" didn't cut it. She made him say "I'm sorry for running into you."

This was a Tweetsie Railroad in Boone, NC.

If my son starts to act up...we leave, and he knows it. He's better behaved in public than he is at home.
That's awesome... makes sense actually... parents who are very involved in their kid's interests are more likely to be actively involved in actually raising their kid. Most of the fucked up little monsters are mostly from people who look at their kid as a chore or inconvenience, rather than taking the time to actually care more about their kid than themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
No need to go through all of that trouble. Just eat where kids can't go. Such as the Titty Club!!!
Ooo... greatest idea ever... Walmart type store designed for men... ran by topless and/or naked women. Completely with a topless optometrist (do these look better like this, or like this?), an old guy barber who uses the clippers for everything (and ALWAYS straight razors your neck), and a fucking steak place instead of Subway/McDonald's....

Now imagine, replace all the girls stuff with a single isle for shampoo (Pert Plus) and manly deoderant, replace all the clothes with 5 racks (shorts, slacks, t-shirts, dress shirts, and jeans), a shelf for socks and underwear... anyway, you see where I'm going... No toys, no home decor, only frozen meals, beer, and meat in the grocery section... Replace all of that bullshit with more guns and sporting goods, good tools, and a motorsports dealer and... WIN!

Did I mention naked chicks?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #52
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
That's awesome... makes sense actually... parents who are very involved in their kid's interests are more likely to be actively involved in actually raising their kid. Most of the fucked up little monsters are mostly from people who look at their kid as a chore or inconvenience, rather than taking the time to actually care more about their kid than themselves.

Ooo... greatest idea ever... Walmart type store designed for men... ran by topless and/or naked women. Completely with a topless optometrist (do these look better like this, or like this?), an old guy barber who uses the clippers for everything (and ALWAYS straight razors your neck), and a fucking steak place instead of Subway/McDonald's....

Now imagine, replace all the girls stuff with a single isle for shampoo (Pert Plus) and manly deoderant, replace all the clothes with 5 racks (shorts, slacks, t-shirts, dress shirts, and jeans), a shelf for socks and underwear... anyway, you see where I'm going... No toys, no home decor, only frozen meals, beer, and meat in the grocery section... Replace all of that bullshit with more guns and sporting goods, good tools, and a motorsports dealer and... WIN!

Holy shit. You are a genius. For realz. BUILD THIS NOW!

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #53
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This is what aggravates me. If I have a kid, I don't want it to know what mcdonald's is.
You are redeemed.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #54
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
No toys, no home decor, only frozen meals, beer, and meat in the grocery section... Replace all of that bullshit with more guns and sporting goods, good tools, and a motorsports dealer and... WIN!

I'd also add a gym with blood red walls, loud crazy pissed off metal music, naked chicks on stripper poles, and beer and hotwings at the "cafe".
Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #55
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I much prefer dogs to children any day of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Every day of the week.
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #56
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Ill make damn sure that my kids are raised by my neighbors and with someone elses welfare check cause my welfare check is goin to 30packs and cigs.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #57
Clay
I know nothing...

Why don't we go ahead and get political while we're at it. For every one of you all that gets pissed off that the kid is running and screaming in the store, there's another one that will call child services the moment mom or dad tries to discipline said child. Well...which way is it?

BTW, I agree that running wild in a restaurant or grocery store is NOT ok. At the same time though, TRY to remember what it's like being a kid. Some kids are mellow, some are hyper by nature. Now, try to remember just how much fun it was going to the grocery with your mom. My kids have been known to act up in the grocery because they're so bored. We'll IMMEDIATELY stop it. 5 minutes later they're at it again. Punishments will come, but you've got to remember that kids will be kids. They'll never be punished for being kids, but instead disobeying an order to stop acting up. HOWEVER, I can't smack their butts in the store now can I? Remember, that's illegal now. *rolleyes*
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #58
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I love other peoples kids. Now, mine. No thanks.
Exactly!!

All kids eventually drive me nutso....

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #59
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

Clay, here in texas it's not illegal. It's only illegal if you leave a mark and don't take them for treatment. LOL!
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #60
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Why don't we go ahead and get political while we're at it. For every one of you all that gets pissed off that the kid is running and screaming in the store, there's another one that will call child services the moment mom or dad tries to discipline said child. Well...which way is it?

I will quite literally APPLAUD a parent that disciplines a child that is acting inappropriately, be it in public or not. There's a difference between disciplining with a smack on the butt and outright child abuse however. I think it's ridiculous that society has reached the point where folks cant discipline a child in public.

As for acting up in public, its great that you take care of the issue, but maybe your kids arent the ones that drive us haters insane.

I think the majority of us are talking about those monsters that shouldnt be allowed out of a cage let alone taken to a nice public place where acting out is not appreciated or appropriate.

Walmart for example. You expect to see kids. You expect to hear them crying, laughing or whining. No big deal. And Im sure most will agree. Does it still get on my nerves, a little, but so do dogs barking incessantly, construction noise, people sharing their life history on their cell phones loudly, coffee cans on ricers, etc. but Im not going to gent bent outta shape about it.

Screaming at the top of their lungs, running and darting in front of adults, tripping folks, being more than 20 feet away from their parents, building castles out of cans in the middle of the aisle...not acceptable.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote