Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #51
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Back to the original topic, I think it's hilarious that this is happening. I hope more homeowners refuse to pay and pull guns on these people. We are suppose to live in the land of freedom and we should defend our property.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #52
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
lolz, do you even read what you type before you type it? You aren't projecting your standard on others, but you expect people in your neighborhood to be up to your standard. That would be projecting. Saying a car sitting in the driveway is ghetto is also projecting your standards. You are a snob, just admit it.

Actually I wouldn't give a damn, I would rather live out in the country in a cheap double wide with my neighbors firing guns randomly and rusted cars in the yard. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I have lived there before. Only reason I live where I do is because of my wife. She's a snob too.
If wanting to protect my investment is your definition of being a snob, then yes you're 100% correct I am a snob. People who move into HOA neighborhoods do so willingly.

I will admit this, as soon as my kids move out of my house, I'm moving out in the country to a place where I can't see ANY of my neighbors.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If wanting to protect my investment is your definition of being a snob, then yes you're 100% correct I am a snob. People who move into HOA neighborhoods do so willingly.

I will admit this, as soon as my kids move out of my house, I'm moving out in the country to a place where I can't see ANY of my neighbors.
telling someone they have to keep the yard kept, is protecting your investment; forcing someone to go through an approval process to plant a flower is snobbish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #54
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
telling someone they have to keep the yard kept, is protecting your investment; forcing someone to go through an approval process to plant a flower is snobbish.
That's your opinion. I know many people who simply think it's smart. If everyone had your attitude then HOA's wouldn't exist now would they?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #55
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
That's your opinion. I know many people who simply think it's smart. If everyone had your attitude then HOA's wouldn't exist now would they?
and there'd be flowers everywhere

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #56
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
and there'd be weeds everywhere
Fixed.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #57
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
and there'd be flowers everywhere
Exactly.

If everyone had trips attitude, then no one would WANT HOA's. On the other hand, if everyone had my attitude then there would be no NEED for HOA's. I think it works out. If you don't like having to live with rules .. then don't live there.. no big deal.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #58
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
and there'd be weed everywhere and Dorito crumbs on the lawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Fixed.
Double fixed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #59
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Exactly.

If everyone had trips attitude, then no one would WANT HOA's. On the other hand, if everyone had my attitude then there would be no NEED for HOA's. I think it works out. If you don't like having to live with rules .. then don't live there.. no big deal.
I'm sorry, I thought this was the USA and we didn't tolerate this sort of bullshit. It's funny how one second we are for freedom and the next we are stripping it away on our own.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #60
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
No, that's pretty much true. You know it. Telling people what sort of flowers they can plant is well beyond normal keeping it nice procedure.
Quote: