Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #51
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

only a tad over 500

that was on the stock seat for the SV too. Shortly after I bought a gel seat.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #52
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
only a tad over 500

that was on the stock seat for the SV too. Shortly after I bought a gel seat.
Gel seats ftw!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #53
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

somehow I forgot, maybe it was because I wanted to but, Tina reminded me that I rode from above Davenport FL. to Key West and back in one day (well, a little over one day think it was like 25 or 26 hours). that was just over 800 miles in one day.

now, here's why I wanted to forget it. I was going to school in Orlando and we got a three day weekend so I talked one of my buddies into taking a weekend trip down to Key West. we were supposed to ride down there spend the night, run around Key West most of the day then head back. well, I don't know how many of you have been down there but when you get onto Key West but you have the choice to go left or right, if you take the right you go "downtown" if you go left you go to a beach with pretty much nothing else. He was a Georgia hick and wasn't happy that all we seen was the ocean and a beach, I said there has to be more than this here, lets go look around. He didn't want to, he wanted to go back. I tried to get him to just ride around the island some but he didn't want to. finally, I said ok, get on your fucking bike and you better keep up (I was on my 93 ZX11, he was on a 93 ZX6). we took off and think about 8 hours later I was hitting the sack. I didn't plan any more rides with him.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #54
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
somehow I forgot, maybe it was because I wanted to but, Tina reminded me that I rode from above Davenport FL. to Key West and back in one day (well, a little over one day think it was like 25 or 26 hours). that was just over 800 miles in one day.

now, here's why I wanted to forget it. I was going to school in Orlando and we got a three day weekend so I talked one of my buddies into taking a weekend trip down to Key West. we were supposed to ride down there spend the night, run around Key West most of the day then head back. well, I don't know how many of you have been down there but when you get onto Key West but you have the choice to go left or right, if you take the right you go "downtown" if you go left you go to a beach with pretty much nothing else. He was a Georgia hick and wasn't happy that all we seen was the ocean and a beach, I said there has to be more than this here, lets go look around. He didn't want to, he wanted to go back. I tried to get him to just ride around the island some but he didn't want to. finally, I said ok, get on your fucking bike and you better keep up (I was on my 93 ZX11, he was on a 93 ZX6). we took off and think about 8 hours later I was hitting the sack. I didn't plan any more rides with him.
He was the only person I know that could smoke a ciggie riding a bike at 45mph w/o a windshield.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #55
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Gel seats ftw!
yeah, srsly. That stock seat was like sitting on a piece of concrete coated with plywood.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:04 AM   #56
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
yeah, srsly. That stock seat was like sitting on a piece of concrete coated with plywood.
Yep, I've bought the Suzuki gel seat for my '00 'Busa, the '01 GSXR1000, the '03 GSXR1000 and now my '06 GSXR1000. Before that I always got Corbin seats going back to my '88 V-Max. I'm almost pissed at Suzuki for being able to manufacture such a comfortable seat and not having it come stock on the bike in the first place!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #57
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

904 miles in 14hrs.... from northern AR to Ft Walton Beach FL. through the edge of Hurricaine Ike... fuck I was soaked.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #58
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I didnt know you owned a honda

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #59
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

About 450 for me.

Before that was only 300ish. I really like touring.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #60
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

400ish
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote