Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Its gotta be small, look at the tire size, I think its a125 with a big pipe
the R15 was a give away for a 150 IMO
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
the R15 was a give away for a 150 IMO
Before I was really into motorcycles I thought on the Yamahas that a R6 was bigger than a R1 because it had a bigger number. I probably would have thought an R15 was a spacebike from the future
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Before I was really into motorcycles I thought on the Yamahas that a R6 was bigger than a R1 because it had a bigger number. I probably would have thought an R15 was a spacebike from the future
never paid much attention to the numbers myself... to be honest... thought there was only one sport bike offering from each manufacture... mainly cause the fuck'n GSXR's looked all the same and so did the ZX6, 9, and to the n00b 12r's
Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
never paid much attention to the numbers myself... to be honest... thought there was only one sport bike offering from each manufacture... mainly cause the fuck'n GSXR's looked all the same and so did the ZX6, 9, and to the n00b 12r's
we were talking to a kid at atco with a zx9 that he swore up and down was a 600. too bad his tach said he was a liar mc liarpants
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Back in the day, I had a couple dipshits ask me if my blue '02 SV650S was an R6, just because of the color.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Back in the day, I had a couple dipshits ask me if my blue '02 SV650S was an R6, just because of the color.
I had a guy accuse me of putting 1000 stickers on a 600 because I had the M4 Gp exhaust on it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

My ZZR above was called an R1 several times... even with them saying " I love Kawasaki's (reading the tank) it's an R1 right?"
Old 07-06-2010, 05:37 AM   #8
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

OK, so no Katana. Ulu wasn't really enthused about me buying it. I rode one yesterday and it seemed alright, but I'm not getting a great feeling from the sale process, it belongs to a woman I know but she's having a mechanic sell it that she knows, real Cro-Magnon kind of guy and I'm getting two different price quotes. I had originally thought about GSXR's or SV's but this seemed like a good deal. Heavy doesn't bother me coming off of a cruiser and I wouldn't want anything bigger than a 600 since I'm trying to learn the basics of sport bike riding. Thanks for the input, guys, I appreciate the suggestions and warnings.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
we were talking to a kid at atco with a zx9 that he swore up and down was a 600. too bad his tach said he was a liar mc liarpants
huh... most lie the otherway... unless he just couldn't keep up and was using it as an excuse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
OK, so no Katana. Ulu wasn't really enthused about me buying it. I rode one yesterday and it seemed alright, but I'm not getting a great feeling from the sale process, it belongs to a woman I know but she's having a mechanic sell it that she knows, real Cro-Magnon kind of guy and I'm getting two different price quotes. I had originally thought about GSXR's or SV's but this seemed like a good deal. Heavy doesn't bother me coming off of a cruiser and I wouldn't want anything bigger than a 600 since I'm trying to learn the basics of sport bike riding. Thanks for the input, guys, I appreciate the suggestions and warnings.
True any sport bike will feel light(er) to you coming from your boulevard, but for sport bike standards (and I use sport bike loosely ) the Kat is more of a COW. it's not going to flick between corners with ease like it's brethren will. also when/if you drop it... sport bikes go all the way to the ground. not like your cruiser which will sit at 60*. lifting that weight from 0* to 90* (also remember the COG is higher on a sport bike) fucking sucks.

the main point is there are better bikes to be had. call on some of those Derf and I listed... those were in the Gulfport area... look also in Hattiesburg, Jackson, Mobile, or non ridden sport bike mecca that is Florida!

I know a few people in Ft Walton might be able to get them to check a bike out for you. these are good people know a shit ton more about motorcycles than I do... if not... it's only a 2hr ride
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
huh... most lie the otherway... unless he just couldn't keep up and was using it as an excuse...

True any sport bike will feel light(er) to you coming from your boulevard, but for sport bike standards (and I use sport bike loosely ) the Kat is more of a COW. it's not going to flick between corners with ease like it's brethren will. also when/if you drop it... sport bikes go all the way to the ground. not like your cruiser which will sit at 60*. lifting that weight from 0* to 90* (also remember the COG is higher on a sport bike) fucking sucks.

the main point is there are better bikes to be had. call on some of those Derf and I listed... those were in the Gulfport area... look also in Hattiesburg, Jackson, Mobile, or non ridden sport bike mecca that is Florida!

I know a few people in Ft Walton might be able to get them to check a bike out for you. these are good people know a shit ton more about motorcycles than I do... if not... it's only a 2hr ride
No he was very quick, he was trying to sandbag and hustle up some sidebets. Its to be expected in the dragstrip state
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote