Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #51
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yeah that's great if you have your room setup so square...

The Devon reciever comes with a autocalibration microphone that you place where you sit and it sends out tones and calibrates its self for optimum sound.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah just make sure you put that where your sitting... and you still want the rears behind you... or it'll fuck up the sound when it gets to your ear.

what the dennon reciever does is adjust the delay and volume so that each speaker sounds equadistant from the listener.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #53
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah just make sure you put that where your sitting... and you still want the rears behind you... or it'll fuck up the sound when it gets to your ear.

what the dennon reciever does is adjust the delay and volume so that each speaker sounds equadistant from the listener.

Yup,I had to buy decibel meter from Radio Shack to calibrate mine. Is the Denon 7.1?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yeah that's great if you have your room setup so square...

The Devon reciever comes with a autocalibration microphone that you place where you sit and it sends out tones and calibrates its self for optimum sound.
Note the word "ideally"... for me form follows function and my stereo system goes in first,then wifey can do whatever she wants.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #55
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

but your decible meeter isn't gonna tell you the accustical delay. only how loud. not sure if the dennon will adjust the delay or just the volume... being it's Dennon... I'd say both...

shit my $500 alpine car stereo could be adjusted for delay...

in the end... it won't make too much diffrence to your ear.... but it can make a differance
Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #56
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Its the denon reciever I linked before.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
but your decible meeter isn't gonna tell you the accustical delay. only how loud. not sure if the dennon will adjust the delay or just the volume... being it's Dennon... I'd say both...

shit my $500 alpine car stereo could be adjusted for delay...

in the end... it won't make too much diffrence to your ear.... but it can make a differance
DENON Sorry sometimes it gets to me...

Btw my JVC deck adjusts for delay and is 5.1 surroud sound.

As far as setting delay,well it's an art but you could easily do the math and get it perfect if you cared. I adjusted my fronts to my center so they all staged together. My center is a foot behind my fronts. Because my room isn't perfectly square,I set my left rear speakers to delay behind the rights because they are further away. I'm sure that the receiver could easily make those adjustments but I kinda like fucking with it myself....
Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #58
R1up0n1
Yo

Moto: 2009 Yamaha V Star 950 Touring / 1995 Intruder

Here is my setup
I ran a receptacle to the closet in the foyer behind the plasma for audio and video power. I also ran all the A/V cables thru the box.

I installed an IR (infra red) repeater in the wall to transmit all IR signals from any A/V remote to the devices in the closet. (Surround Sound, DVD…)

I also installed two RCA jacks for the Ipod, or any MP3 device to play through the surround sound.

I hid all cables with a nice cable harness to keep from being seen in areas where you don’t want to see any cables (except my temporary speaker cable) going to my Bose speakers.

Next you will see the 42” Plasma on the wall with a nice clean install with no cables being seen (except the temporary speaker cables.)

Next I want to get some small surround sound speaker hanging in each corner for the room.

Eventually I would like to see a fireplace and mantle under the plasma. Maybe this winter…

Last edited by R1up0n1; 10-28-2008 at 05:50 PM..
R1up0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #59
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
DENON Sorry sometimes it gets to me...

Btw my JVC deck adjusts for delay and is 5.1 surroud sound.

As far as setting delay,well it's an art but you could easily do the math and get it perfect if you cared. I adjusted my fronts to my center so they all staged together. My center is a foot behind my fronts. Because my room isn't perfectly square,I set my left rear speakers to delay behind the rights because they are further away. I'm sure that the receiver could easily make those adjustments but I kinda like fucking with it myself....
I dunno why I keep doing that... I've gone back and corrected it like 5 times...

yeah like I said... even if you set them all to 0 unless your fronts are 20 ft away and the rears are resting on your ear lobes... your probably not gonna tell a diffrence. but it's one more setting for us control freaks
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I dunno why I keep doing that... I've gone back and corrected it like 5 times...

yeah like I said... even if you set them all to 0 unless your fronts are 20 ft away and the rears are resting on your ear lobes... your probably not gonna tell a diffrence. but it's one more setting for us control freaks
Oh you're right of course but surround sound is so complicated now with ES,DTS,HD,etc it's a mess!