Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #51
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Being accepted doesn't just mean being popular.

It also dicatates whether or not you'll get hired in the first place.

Tons of places won't hire "older" people because they're afraid they won't "fit in" with younger co-workers. Either that or they claim you're "overqualified" or that you wouldn't be satisfied with the job.

Also, as far as wandering the world, bumming favors from strangers.........Being in your 20's it works, because you can play off the whole starving student image, even if you're not actually a student. There's always other 20-somethings you can party with, because they're single and stuff. Doesn't work as well when you're older --- people would probably just pity you, and/or avoid you.
a 40 something doing that would seem creepy or make you think hes just a homeless bum or some sort of criminal.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #52
Huy
Trailer Queen

Moto: Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
In your mind, that is worship?
Sounds more like envy

Hell I envy the guys mental and financial freedom.
Huy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #53
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Worship? lol I see plenty of one-line comments from people appreciating what he has to say based on his personal experiences. In your mind, that is worship?
Dude, shhhhh we're all now God's in Tally's head. That is, those of us that are on Google+ I mean, I've gotten more than five plus_ones there.

Worship

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #54
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Dude, shhhhh we're all now God's in Tally's head. That is, those of us that are on Google+ I mean, I've gotten more than five plus_ones there.

Worship

you heathen
Old 07-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #55
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

The sad reality is that this guy is going to wind up with a show on the Discovery channel and multiple book deals. We are all going to sit on our asses on Tuesday nights watching his show and buying his books while never doing any of the things he talks about. Meanwhile, for all his salt of the earth talk there's a Bugatti in his 10 car garage within 5 years. Mark my words....
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #56
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by udman View Post
The sad reality is that this guy is going to wind up with a show on the Discovery channel and multiple book deals. We are all going to sit on our asses on Tuesday nights watching his show and buying his books while never doing any of the things he talks about. Meanwhile, for all his salt of the earth talk there's a Bugatti in his 10 car garage within 5 years. Mark my words....
He will have to compete with the idiot abroad show now
Old 07-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #57
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
/thread

All because 8 years (alleged) of travelling makes him an expert.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #58
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Truth

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #59
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
It is yes and no on the kidding. While his article is "something to think about" it isn't particularly deep. I'm not going to get all worked up over "foreign people are fundamentally just like you and me" and "too much TV watching is a waste". My guess is for a lot of people his words carry more weight because on some level they wish they could live their lives like he does. I don't.
While I don't think it was particularly deep either, I value the insight, and it's deeper than some people bother thinking. I do want to live my life like that... I don't feel a need to add to the world, or leave a mark, rather I want the world to leave a mark with me. I want to experience things I've only seen in pictures or movies.

I could care less what everyone else does... I don't think that mentality is for everyone... and I'm not saying what ANYONE chooses to do with their life is wrong/right... I'm just saying I wished some people were a little more open minded about the world. In America we suffer greatly IMO because of our in ability to keep our minds open. so while his words weren't all that deep, for some... they'd drown in them.

just my opinion... but I do envy his ability to leave... mine comes in 10-12 years...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #60
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Worship