Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #51
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea don't listen to THEIR propaganda, listen to MINE!!!! I can talk to my friends too...it's called a phone! Besides since when do gingers HAVE friends?!? That's exactly what I need, some ass-clown not playing, trying to talk to me over the headset while I'm trying to play! Yea that would be great!!! I mean if you're using online game play as a social networking tool then by all means get an XBox... I always wanted a butt load of 8-13 year old "friends"....
Who ever said we werent playing video games?? You cant talk and play a game at the same time?

I knew you were slow but Jesus Christ...

I dont use it as a social network I use it to play video games and talk to my friends at the same time.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:32 AM   #52
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Who ever said we werent playing video games?? You cant talk and play a game at the same time?

I knew you were slow but Jesus Christ...

I dont use it as a social network I use it to play video games and talk to my friends at the same time.
No I said that it would suck to have some dork talking to me while I'm trying to play SOCOM or some other team based game.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #53
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

I would go with the 360 as there is an incentive for you in it. Put it on the main big screen and if you have a netflix account you can watch them from the xbox.

Caveman
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:33 AM   #54
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Sorry Dave but I have to agree with this. Just look at the new PSP-Go, it's download only if I'm not mistaken. Besides, why else put such large hard drives in the new consoles? 250G is a fucking ass load of space for a game system that primarily uses disks for software.
congrats, you have the space of five, old style bluray discs. less than three of the new ones. hope your game choices come in light on those limits eh?

the psp makes a LOT more sense to have an HD based download only layout as their games check in in the 700 to 1gb range (but dont be surprised to see bigger stuff without the umds) that reminds me. i still need to find a cost effective storage solution for my psp phat.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Harddrives fail a lot more than a rom drive. I want something physical to hold, not virtual.

I blame console owners for my PC stress. I cant play any Valve game without Steam being on and I cant even install the damn games without Steam on. I have the disc but nnnnnnnooooooooooooo it downloads the game instead of taking a couple minutes installing from the disc. Even with a cable connection its retarded.
Thats why everything will be streaming and your license to the game or service will be stored online. Hard drive fails, so what, you can redownload or stream every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
congrats, you have the space of five, old style bluray discs. less than three of the new ones. hope your game choices come in light on those limits eh?

the psp makes a LOT more sense to have an HD based download only layout as their games check in in the 700 to 1gb range (but dont be surprised to see bigger stuff without the umds) that reminds me. i still need to find a cost effective storage solution for my psp phat.
You are thinking in today tech. This is future tech, storage is quickly becoming less of an issue. 1 TB drives are cheap as shit now. Future tech will only get better. Our slower high speed connections will get faster, you may not even download the full game but stream it and just keep your saved files for your games on the console itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #56
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

oh yeah, since you have a wii

get the 360, better gaming.

you'll be replacing the system is 3-4yrs anyways, whether you have a 360/ps3 anyways.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #57
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

On demand is great! Until you want to buy a used game, or sell one that sucks..

Just another way for them to take more of your money.

Ill stop buying games when I have to download them.

If I'm downloading, I may as well pirate them..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #58
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Thats why everything will be streaming and your license to the game or service will be stored online. Hard drive fails, so what, you can redownload or stream every game.

You are thinking in today tech. This is future tech, storage is quickly becoming less of an issue. 1 TB drives are cheap as shit now. Future tech will only get better. Our slower high speed connections will get faster, you may not even download the full game but stream it and just keep your saved files for your games on the console itself.
technology has this fun way of stagnating right when you think its gonna get better. put this in bike terms and its like paying 12k in full up front but they keep the bike and the title and anytime you want to use said bike you have to get your ass back to the dealer and have your id carefully compared to the title.. And if something happened to your bike or the title ''while you were out'' youre shit out of luck with no refunds. But theres this nice new busa coming out next week you might be interested in based on previous bikes we sold you
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #59
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

On demand should be the future of movies. I dont like the idea of on-demand for games. Of course none of this will happen if the ISPs keep adding bandwidth caps and packet shaping. Youll have to pan Comcast a monthly fee to play games on your console.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Dude haven't you ever heard of compression? Also, we both know that at least 50% of a blue ray disk is bullshit extras and crap that doesn't have to be included in a download or stream. As far as game streaming goes, back in the day one of my cable services used to stream a bunch of games like "you don't know jack", etc. Now I'm not saying it was "cutting edge" but this was well over 10 years ago. Aren't there pc games that are strictly streamed?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote