Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #51
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You need to conform to some extent. Making your child an outsider or letting your very young child make choices that will make them an outsider with their peers isn't always in the best interest. Kids need to learn to be social and fitting in is part of that.
I can see as he gets a little older if he wants to grow his hair but at age 4 I think thats a bit early.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If they aren't going to fit in, then they aren't going to fit in because they LOOK normal. Personality plays a larger part than looks. If a kids looks different but has ability to not let teasing bug him then kids will stop teasing. If you let them see it bugs you, they will never stop.
I disagree, looks can play an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #53
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I agree esp at that age, kids can be very mean and will ostracize anyone who is different.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #54
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Kids pick on you for many reasons, not just looks. Your name, the car your parents drive, the food you eat, if you are smart or dumb, don't play sports well...Kids are mean and will tease you for any reason. You just have to have to right attitude to not let anything bug you and they will stop.

I know this because I was the kid that picked on everyone. If I found a weakness, I exploited it.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #55
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Kids pick on you for many reasons, not just looks. Your name, the car your parents drive, the food you eat, if you are smart or dumb, don't play sports well...Kids are mean and will tease you for any reason. You just have to have to right attitude to not let anything bug you and they will stop.

I know this because I was the kid that picked on everyone. If I found a weakness, I exploited it.
Then how can you argue against what Trip is saying?

If the kid is different, he will get picked on.

Long hair is different.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #56
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I agree esp at any age, kids can be very mean and will ostracize anyone who is different.
Fixed.

My kid has had long hair for the past 3 years. It was a choice he made based on being able to keep it groomed. If he can't keep it groomed, he can't keep it. (He also isn't 4 years old).
Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I know, that's why you don't want to let your child have a retarded weakness like his girly hair. When he gets old enough to actually know wtf is going on, sure let him grow his hair back. At 4, I doubt the kid will even remember wtf is going on much less that his retarded mom didn't want to cut his hair. If the child is made an outsider because of something stupid like his hair, that may stay with him through school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Then how can you argue against what Trip is saying?

If the kid is different, he will get picked on.

Long hair is different.
It's just long hair. You see people in public all the time with long hair. It's not that different. Now on a young kid long hair isn't common but I don't see it having a negative affect unless the kids was a complete dork and in preschool kids don't know any better.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #59
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I know, that's why you don't want to let your child have a retarded weakness like his girly hair. When he gets old enough to actually know wtf is going on, sure let him grow his hair back. At 4, I doubt the kid will even remember wtf is going on much less that his retarded mom didn't want to cut his hair. If the child is made an outsider because of something stupid like his hair, that may stay with him through school.
Yeah that's why I said at that age I'd cut the kids hair. But when they get older, let them do what they want.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #60
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Fixed.

My kid has had long hair for the past 3 years. It was a choice he made based on being able to keep it groomed. If he can't keep it groomed, he can't keep it. (He also isn't 4 years old).
True but once you get into Jr and high school its more your choice/identity to look a certain way or be part of whatever clique so thats a little different than a bunch of early grade school kids who dont understand that people can be different and its ok.