Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #51
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Stopped in the gun shop today. They have a bunch of little tiny autos, and a couple huge revolvers. Only one that felt decent to me was a Ruger SR9. I could actually get a good grip on it, and the sights come up nice with just a simple three-dot. I didn't care for how tough it was to move everything though. The slide seems to have a ridiculouly strong spring, and the safety switch is a bitch to move because t's so small and out of the way and stiff. Unless I held the mag release in, the magazine dragged going in or out. Unfortunately, I still don't know anywhere to rent to shoot.
I'd opt for a gun w/o a manual safety, but thats just me. Look at the Springfield XD's. They are excellent guns.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #52
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'd opt for a gun w/o a manual safety, but thats just me. Look at the Springfield XD's. They are excellent guns.
I don't really like the thought of a safety I can't see. And I'd really like a metal frame... Just one of those difficult people

Something I found odd is that the SR9 had an interesting trigger safety thing... like the center part of the trigger has to be pulled in before the outside.

Looking at it, the XD has the same style trigger, plus a back of the grip safety. Cool. What's the difference between the XD and XD(M)?

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 03-30-2010 at 10:40 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #53
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I don't really like the thought of a safety I can't see. And I'd really like a metal frame... Just one of those difficult people

Something I found odd is that the SR9 had an interesting trigger safety thing... like the center part of the trigger has to be pulled in before the outside.

Looking at it, the XD has the same style trigger, plus a back of the grip safety. Cool. What's the difference between the XD and XD(M)?
XDm has match grade barrel, changable backstrap, different slide serations, you dont have to pull the trigger to field strip it, different sights, among a couple other things.

And yeah, the they both have the trigger safety and the grip safety.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #54
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

id do fishtown myself. Close proximity to columbus/delaware and the docks. Good access to center city and theres a decent bike shop to the north at aramingo and castor
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #55
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
id do fishtown myself. Close proximity to columbus/delaware and the docks. Good access to center city and theres a decent bike shop to the north at aramingo and castor
I zigzagged across most of the city today. Germantown/Mt. Airy/Manayunk (one of them or al three... I dunno where one ends and the other begins) was downright gorgeous. I'm not sure where this apartment is, but certain areas were definitely not as nice.

Darby was... frightening. One of the schools there, I really hope it's abandoned so no one has to go there. I think I'll steer clear of that apartment on Lindbergh. The apartment was nice, but go a block and I felt lke I need a tetinus shot just riding through.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #56
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I zigzagged across most of the city today. Germantown/Mt. Airy/Manayunk (one of them or al three... I dunno where one ends and the other begins) was downright gorgeous. I'm not sure where this apartment is, but certain areas were definitely not as nice.

Darby was... frightening. One of the schools there, I really hope it's abandoned so no one has to go there. I think I'll steer clear of that apartment on Lindbergh. The apartment was nice, but go a block and I felt lke I need a tetinus shot just riding through.
A lotta good shows in Upper Darby...or there used to be be. Go buy the XD.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #57
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
A lotta good shows in Upper Darby...or there used to be be. Go buy the XD.
When can I shoot yours?

Going to look at a place in Germantown, East Landown/Upper Darby, and Darby (no way I'll get it) today.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #58
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
When can I shoot yours?

Going to look at a place in Germantown, East Landown/Upper Darby, and Darby (no way I'll get it) today.
Anytime you're in Harrisburg. C'mon by. Bring a box of 9mm ammo with you.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #59
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

My brother is renting an apt. in his duplex. It's in a decent area.

Shoot me a P.M., and I'll give you his number.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #60
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

that place sucks balls in the winter. Just sayin
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote