Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #51
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

One of the worst nights of my life. Came very close to losing Jayden. His lung eventually lost the battle to keep his blood saturated and he had to be intubated. Unfortunately they didn't listen to Dr. Kaneman when he told them repeatedly that was going to happen. They were able to get him intubated and he is stable again, though not breathing on his own just yet.

I told them repeatedly throughout the night they at least needed to have everything ready to intubate him as it was plain to see that he wasn't keeping up. His pulse and respirations rose steadily throughout the night and were much higher than they were last night. Had they at least had everything ready to go it wouldn't have been as close.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #52
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
One of the worst nights of my life. Came very close to losing Jayden. His lung eventually lost the battle to keep his blood saturated and he had to be intubated. Unfortunately they didn't listen to Dr. Kaneman when he told them repeatedly that was going to happen. They were able to get him intubated and he is stable again, though not breathing on his own just yet.

I told them repeatedly throughout the night they at least needed to have everything ready to intubate him as it was plain to see that he wasn't keeping up. His pulse and respirations rose steadily throughout the night and were much higher than they were last night. Had they at least had everything ready to go it wouldn't have been as close.
Crap

What about the other little guy? Or did I miss that?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #53
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Ah man, that bites... His little body needs help to over come his injuries, a ventilator will give him that break....They might have to sedate him a little to endure the ET tube...(but you know all this already...) He'll def. be calmer with you at his side.

Thinking about you guys morning and night....

K.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #54
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

Still praying for you guys and thank you for the updates, hope today goes better for everyone!
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #55
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Sorry to hear about this josh, best wishes for your loved ones.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #56
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

WOW... sometimes these hospitals just amaze me. Sorry about that man...

still praying...

You should expect bumps in the road. just know that you and him are stronger than this. <insert a faithfull aspect that I will spare everyone> Keep up your hopes and that you KNOW with all your heart that it will be a distant memory in a short time from now.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #57
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

He's doing a bit better now, still on the ventilator, but they're lowering the respirations and feel that he will begin some breathing on his own soon. I'm about to leave here in 5 min for my midnight shift. I sit bedside and read to him til around 7 or 8, just in case he is aware....I don't want him to be lonely or scared.

Slow and steady improvements are good. I hope tonight is as quiet and uneventful as last night was.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #58
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Good deal man.

So you are a Doctor, for real? Speciality?

I don't want you to think "duh a-hole" when I tell you things like expect little bumps.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #59
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

My thoughts and prayers are with you all
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #60
Cass
Cassolicious!