Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #51
shmike
Follower

I'd like to thank goof, smittie and nhgunnut for answering the original questions asked.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #52
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

With no disrespect to anyone, the answers in this post reflect some basic misinformation.
There are significant differences between being physically Depended on a drug (Characterized by withdrawal symptoms ie Headaches when I don't get my coffee. Cramps disrupted digestive system and sleep disturbances resulting from suddenly stopping narcotics or the agitation seizures and death that can result from stopping alcohol )
Addiction is characterized by an altered reward cycle, a primary relationship with the drug or behavior that compromises the ability of the individual to maintain a pro-social life style.
Any drug or behavior capable of producing euphoria cna be addiciting under the DSMIV TR definition .
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #53
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Right but weed don't create the physical need for the reward of getting high, you just enjoy it and it goes away. The body doesn't crave it.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #54
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Any drug or behavior capable of producing euphoria cna be addiciting under the DSMIV TR definition .
Look out, sex and chocolate!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #55
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Look out, sex and chocolate!
Both of which have the potential to be infinitely more dangerous than Marijuana.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #56
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Legalized drugs will just put more idiots out of the job market and make my search easier.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #57
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Right but weed don't create the physical need for the reward of getting high, you just enjoy it and it goes away. The body doesn't crave it.
Again I am not ranking any drug here but any drug used in a regular fashion causes change in Neurological function and can create Neurological dependence.
Derf's Statement about Cannabis is essentially the same statement the AMA made about Cocaine in 1985. We all "Knew" Cocaine wasn't addictive. It wasn't until Robert Mullaly released hi research that the models of dependence and addiction changed.
As I have said before there is nothing wrong with responsible recreational drug use.
One of the most frightening things about American Drug use is the most Americans do not know or acknowledge what they are using. The guy down at the bar have beer or a drink doesn't know or chooses not remember he is using a Central Nervous System Depressant that is far more toxic than a narcotic and that only its route of delivery is protecting him from it's more dangerous qualities.
Most people smoking weed are unaware that it is Pharmacologically a Hallucinogenic and that the delivery system they are using is carcinogenic.
(yes guys as someone who routinely went to Canada in the 70's to buy 500 lbs of un-chlorinated Morning Glory Seeds I know that Cannabis does not behave in the same fashion as Ergot based Hallucinogens)
As far as Avatards statement about Sex and Chocolate go YUP. The food one is particularly frightening. We Americans have spent millions developing foods we can't digest like Splenda and fats like Olestra that cause "Anal Leakage" and Drugs like Ali that do the same. Bariactric Surgery in America is a growing industry <pun>. At the same time the All You can Eat Buffet is prosper and the Double Down Chicken Sandwich is available at KFC.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #58
derf
token jewboy

Let me change my statement a little then. Weed doesnt create a physical need that leads to self destructive behaviors (and side effects) in the majority of the population.

Smoking weed isnt gonna make kaneman give blow jobs in the bathroom of the local train station to the republican senator from wisconsin for a dime bag. Especially if you can walk to the corner store and buy a pack of joints, I guarantee that the whole illegal drug trade will almost disappear over night. Jails will empty out, columbia and mexico will be forced to find new sources of income for the economy.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #59
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

That.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #60
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
That.
But it wouldn't surprise me to see ebbs or nts on thier knees for blunt or two. Hell, even bob sagat gave a few bj's for a bump of coke.