Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #51
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I will never forget watching a woman slap the shit out of her 1 year old for not being quiet enough during a funeral.. Could not believe it.

Spanking makes my child more aggressive so is avoided. However he did get a spanking in the basement of the Capitol building (yes the one in Wash, lol) this summer due to a completely unacceptable action on his part. Otherwise I take things from him and make him pay for me things like back talking. Works so much better! He hates me to take his toys and he really hates taking money out of his wallet.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #52
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Belts rock.
No belt buckles rock!

I myself don't have kids and don't really plan on it. But I agree more with Cave's pov, and that hurts to say (kiddin bud). Honestly, I want to know where all your kids are and why are there not more of them near me. The kids I come across on a daily event are horrible.

What changed I ask myself.... no corporal punishment? I'm not sure. But kids these days are getting worse than my generation was, and I don't think my generation is all that great. Many of my peers are still F ups.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #53
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
No belt buckles rock!

I myself don't have kids and don't really plan on it. But I agree more with Cave's pov, and that hurts to say (kiddin bud). Honestly, I want to know where all your kids are and why are there not more of them near me. The kids I come across on a daily event are horrible.

What changed I ask myself.... no corporal punishment? I'm not sure. But kids these days are getting worse than my generation was, and I don't think my generation is all that great. Many of my peers are still F ups.
By and large today, it seems as if a good amount of adults would rather be their kids' friends, then actually be their parents. I also notice many people are unwilling to offend their children.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #54
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Or to discipline them, I myself would applaud and defend a parent in public disciplining their kid.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #55
papapoi
Lost

Hot wheel track works also.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #56
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
By and large today, it seems as if a good amount of adults would rather be their kids' friends, then actually be their parents. I also notice many people are unwilling to offend their children.
These things drive me nuts.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #57
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I'll have to offend mine twice JUST to make up for the others....

At this point, I can't worry too much about the ones that would be better off raised by wolves. There isn't room for everyone at the top. Hopefully it will mean those slackers will only make my children look better because they actually have a work ethic.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #58
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

So you ground them and take things away as punishment in lieu of spanking right?

My problem with grounding is that its like grounding myself. If I can't let him do anything fun, then what the fuck am I supposed to do all day?

As far as taking his things away....he earns the money that pays for those things....how can I take away what he earned?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #59
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
My problem with grounding is that its like grounding myself. If I can't let him do anything fun, then what the fuck am I supposed to do all day?
I'm sorry I just don't understand your statement, why are you punishing yourself too? Invite some friends over have a [party and make the kid sit on the couch and watch. or turn on the TV and make the kid face away from it. Just do what you normally do.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #60
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm sorry I just don't understand your statement, why are you punishing yourself too? Invite some friends over have a [party and make the kid sit on the couch and watch. or turn on the TV and make the kid face away from it. Just do what you normally do.
What I normally do is bad ass fun stuff with my kid....if he's grounded there's not much to do.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote