Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #51
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Only one reason I go to Walmart is they carry Mobil1 15W-50. That's what I use on track days.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

I'm telling you, I can get parked and walk in from the back. I can even shop, and walk around. I go to check out and my head eats itself.

Last time I was there will probably be the last time I will shop at a Walmart unless I have no other choice. There was a woman ahead of me in the check-out with a baby in her cart. This baby was left to dig in it's diaper and pull it apart... then proceeded to touch EVERYTHING around it. Now, in my head this small child has touched everything that I have put in my cart. *twitch* Add to that the woman behind me wheezing while reeking of ashtray and complaining about her allergies - yeah, sure, allergies. It was probably something you had to be there for the entire experience... I'm not going back because I have better options. For me, my $4 of savings aren't worth it.
You know shit like this happens everywhere right? It isn't reserved for just "low class" people. I have seen rich old ladies do much worse. As for kids, don't get me started on Mrs Self Righteous Soccer Mom that is too busy chatting on her iPhone in Target while her children run around the store destroying the place.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Gee, I dunno, I'm sure they're all fine, wonderful folks.

OTOH, a Google search of the term "Walmart Evil" returns over 8,750,000 results.
It's a business, of course it's evil and doesn't care about you. It just wants your money. They are all like that, some use customer service as a method to attract, some go the cheapest route possible.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #54
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Eight and three quarter million hits?

Sorry, this isn't "casual" corporate greed we're talkin' here.

Walmart's reputation is well earned.

All the negative press is well deserved, and then some.

They deserve the "scarlet W", they worked hard fer it....lol

Last edited by Avatard; 03-25-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #55
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Gee, I dunno, I'm sure they're all fine, wonderful folks.

OTOH, a Google search of the term "Walmart Evil" returns over 8,750,000 results.

That's right, because every dickhead on the internet is a fucking genius and has a blog...

BTW - 'George Bush Saint' produces over 9,020,000 results.

Everybody just hates the guy on top... Microsoft is evil, WalMart is evil, etc, etc... It's just so cool to hate on corporate America and even cooler to hate on the top dogs in corporate America.

WalMart hatred is bullshit!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1eb_1230451844
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #56
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Eight and three quarter million hits?

Sorry, this isn't "casual" corporate greed we're talkin' here.

Walmart's reputation is well earned.

All the negative press is well deserved, and then some.
I still don't care. They want money, I want cheap shit. We have a decent relationship. The workers don't want to work in those conditions, they should quit. I did, I worked at a Sam's Club. I was part time and they made me work 27.5 hours every week because if I worked 28, I was owed benefits. I hardly worked under 27.5 even though I repeatedly requested my schedule be brought down drastically because of school. I quit and got a job elsewhere.

Guess what, I still shop there.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #57
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You know shit like this happens everywhere right? It isn't reserved for just "low class" people. I have seen rich old ladies do much worse. As for kids, don't get me started on Mrs Self Righteous Soccer Mom that is too busy chatting on her iPhone in Target while her children run around the store destroying the place.
I was at the GAP outlet store with my daughters. There was a line forming at the checkout because this woman with her two small children couldn't decide whether she wanted to commit to buying THIS item or THAT item and the girl at the counter was humoring her. Her two children; one with a ponytail on the top of her head with a nook in her face and shoes that squeaked with each step like a terrier's squeaky toy, the other a boy about 18 months older that thought it was "fun" to play on the rope that defines the line. They were allowed to run amok. That is, until another mother showed up with her child about the same age and SHE said no to her child. That mother said to the other - after the first with the rotten children said something with a downward glance to her - "No one likes your children."

BAM

Awesome.

Nothing in the world will sting a bad mother as being told by another mother that they SUCK - or being told they have rotten kids.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #58
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I'm not saying I'm holier than thou. I'm not saying I haven't been in their store. I've probably shopped there a dozen times over the years. Thankfully, I can find most of what I need elsewhere.

There's plenty of reasons to avoid Walmart.

All of them quite valid.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #59
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm holier than thou. I'm not saying I haven't been in their store. I've probably shopped there a dozen times over the years. Thankfully, I can find most of what I need elsewhere.

There's plenty of reasons to avoid Walmart.

All of them quite valid.
I don't have a problem with that attitude. If it's not for you, it's not for you. Take your money elsewhere. I just don't find it a hellhole of evil demons wanting my soul. I have had a lot more issues from other stores over wallyworld.

I guess it's all about expectation too. I don't go into wally world expecting to find workers or fancy boxes. I go to get cheap shit and quickly. I never have a problem with that cause I go in through garden and use the self checkout.

Hell it's my go to place for christmas lights. Nobody carries the quantities I need and has them after christmas around here when they are 50% off other than wally world. Lowes and Home Depot around here don't even have christmas stuff up anymore by around December 20th. It's all gone.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #60
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I don't have a problem with that attitude. If it's not for you, it's not for you. Take your money elsewhere. I just don't find it a hellhole of evil demons wanting my soul. I have had a lot more issues from other stores over wallyworld.

I guess it's all about expectation too. I don't go into wally world expecting to find workers or fancy boxes. I go to get cheap shit and quickly. I never have a problem with that cause I go in through garden and use the self checkout.

Hell it's my go to place for christmas lights. Nobody carries the quantities I need and has them after christmas around here when they are 50% off other than wally world. Lowes and Home Depot around here don't even have christmas stuff up anymore by around December 20th. It's all gone.
Exactly. WalMart isn't evil, it's a business... and a damn good one at that. Business isn't about making everyone feel warm and cuddly, it's about making money... that, by definition, is what a business is all about. It's funny... you don't see a whole bunch of hatred towards places like Aldi and shit... I mean, they are ever WORSE as far as employment conditions and how much of a pain in the ass it is to get in and out, but that shit doesn't matter because they aren't 1/10 the size of WalMart.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote