Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #51
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

I forgot to add, I also shot another Glock in 9mm, but don't remember the specific model. It was very similar to the Glock 40.

Anyway, on to the pics!

Side:

Top:

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #52
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Nice.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #53
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Can't go wrong with a Sig, IMO. Congrats.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #54
Method
Canyon Carver

Thanks! I'm happy with the purchase and am looking forward to getting to know it well.

I don't plan on carrying this pistol. I'm looking to get in some serious range time over the next 6 months to a year to become very comfortable with it and get the newbishness out of my system. At that point if I'm feeling comfortable with it, I'd like to invest in something like an XD9C for carry.

To carry this early (even with the CCW classes) into gun ownership I feel would be irresponsible.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Thanks! I'm happy with the purchase and am looking forward to getting to know it well.

I don't plan on carrying this pistol. I'm looking to get in some serious range time over the next 6 months to a year to become very comfortable with it and get the newbishness out of my system. At that point if I'm feeling comfortable with it, I'd like to invest in something like an XD9C for carry.

To carry this early (even with the CCW classes) into gun ownership I feel would be irresponsible.
Good plan. Practice with the Sig, carry a Ruger Super Alaskan with a 2.5" barrel. 454 Casull should have enough stopping power.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #56
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Nice report! It's was nice to read the differences you experienced and that you had a clear winner. I've shot the P229 and P226 Navy, both in 9mm. They are very nice.

The Glock was probably the 17 or 19, depending if it was full or compact. Nice, although I've not shot the Gen 4... only Gen 3 and a RTF.

Congrats on the new purchase!
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #57
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:

Nice pick with the Sig, you will be happy.

Not sure exactly how your CCW works in OR but you could get the permit and then carry when YOU feel your ready.

Congrats.

( I know exactly what you meant when you said the glock didn't "fit". It seems to be one of those weapons you either like or not )
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #58
Method
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Nice pick with the Sig, you will be happy.

Not sure exactly how your CCW works in OR but you could get the permit and then carry when YOU feel your ready.

Congrats.

( I know exactly what you meant when you said the glock didn't "fit". It seems to be one of those weapons you either like or not )
Thanks for prompting me to clarify - I'm still planning on taking the CCW class and applying for the permit, but don't plan to actually carry for quite some time. The way I look at it, the more classes and informed I can be now, the better off I will be in the long run. I'm trying to get a head start on the learning curve.

It was weird about the glock. They seem to be fine pistols, it just didn't quite sit in my hand just right. Didn't have the comfort level of the Springfield or the Sig.

I handled a few revolvers as well, and while those were nice I felt more comfortable with the semi-auto/autoloader/whatever you want to call them pistols.

Now I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a SA XD9SC, though we'll have to wait a while. She's preggo with twins right now, so no hugely loud bangs or lead exposure for her.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #59
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Quote:
Thanks for prompting me to clarify - I'm still planning on taking the CCW class and applying for the permit, but don't plan to actually carry for quite some time. The way I look at it, the more classes and informed I can be now, the better off I will be in the long run. I'm trying to get a head start on the learning curve.

It was weird about the glock. They seem to be fine pistols, it just didn't quite sit in my hand just right. Didn't have the comfort level of the Springfield or the Sig.

I handled a few revolvers as well, and while those were nice I felt more comfortable with the semi-auto/autoloader/whatever you want to call them pistols.

Now I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a SA XD9SC, though we'll have to wait a while. She's preggo with twins right now, so no hugely loud bangs or lead exposure for her.
If she is interested, have her talk to The Chi as she has that exact same model for CC, tho she hasn't made it a priority to get the permit yet...
Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #60
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Nice pistol, I love my Sig.

Now all you need are some Hydra Shok's, and you're in business.

(These are in .45 ACP, 230 grain, but you get the idea...)

JC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bang.JPG (167.3 KB, 24 views)