Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #51
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Seems like that would be a given, however an Aerostitch isn't really very convenient, just more convenient than a jacket and pants. You still have to put on the Aerostitch, boots, long socks, gloves, headphones AND get all your stuff packed into a bag, etc. etc. By the time you get ready to roll out I could already be half way there by automobile.

I bring a pair of pants with me, to work, on Monday. Take them home on Friday. Load up a fresh shirt every day, to bring with me. Putting on a two piece 'Stich takes about 30 seconds. A one-piece is about 20 seconds. Yup, if a couple of minutes a day isn't as important as the convenience of not taking that time, then you've definitely lost it.

Very simplistic statement that offers no real solution. Speeding without getting caught means being extremely focused on where a cop may appear and adjusting speed accordingly. Indeed I find that it takes a good percentage of focus from actually riding and just isn't that fun to be constantly searching for cops.

Simplistic, perhaps, but accurate. You can pick your times and places, to avoid getting the pull. If you're misbehaving in city traffic, then you deserve the ticket. Yup. Simple.

Your city is going to make some of the most congested highways and surface streets in America seem like they're fun to ride in? You think sitting in bumper to bumper traffic sucking in exhaust fumes in 110 degree heat (while wearing gloves, boots, Aerostitch, helmet, etc., sounds even remotely fun or entertaining? More power to you if you do, but its not for me. Pre-emptive counter to your probable counter....its not really any more fun no matter what the temperature.

Nope, I wouldn't call that fun. If that's all riding is to you, then definitely give it up. I would weigh the crap on Toronto streets against any other city north of the Mexican border, however, and it would seem that there are several organizations in North America who have rated our traffic as the worst. That's what 30 years of lack of civic planning, with epic growth, will do to you.

Doesn't sound even remotely fun to me. Not to mention the time it takes to upload, edit, and etc those videos.

We each retain or lose our sanity in our own ways.

Really? I'm pretty sure the name of the thread and topic of discussion is literally losing interest in motorcycling. My attitude seems very appropriate to me for the conversation at hand.

Not if you're looking for reasons to ride.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #52
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
lol, yea bro, you probably just like riding a motorcycle more than I do. More power to you! I've got somewhere around 200k miles experience and have owned 10 different bikes, I would hope after that amount of experience I could reasonably decide if I still enjoy it enough to risk it.

Hell, I don't even mountain bike on trails anymore. As stated, I have a vested interest in staying healthy and strong, getting wiped out by some whore posting on her FB would be detrimental to my lifestyle.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
lol, yea bro, you probably just like riding a motorcycle more than I do. More power to you! I've got somewhere around 200k miles experience and have owned 10 different bikes, I would hope after that amount of experience I could reasonably decide if I still enjoy it enough to risk it.

Hell, I don't even mountain bike on trails anymore. As stated, I have a vested interest in staying healthy and strong, getting wiped out by some whore posting on her FB would be detrimental to my lifestyle.
Yeah, I'm sitting somewhere around the same lifetime mileage, if not more. My point is that if you're looking for reasons why you shouldn't ride, then you've already given it up. If you're looking for reasons to ride, then you haven't made up your mind yet.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #54
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I love the speeding ticket thing. Is it weird that I normally do the speed limit around town on the bike but speed like hell in the car? I doesn't help that I ride a red italian bike now, so that instantly makes me a target. But I'm perfectly fine doing the speed limit on the bike, but get super impatient in the car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Well, it's salvage title, and I'm asking 4100, so that's basically the story
What was the reason of salvage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I'm thinking late 70's CB/KZ/XS. All of those are pretty solid and usually only require a little tuning now & then to keep them running like a top.
KZ1000R??? Hell Yea!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yeah, I'm sitting somewhere around the same lifetime mileage, if not more. My point is that if you're looking for reasons why you shouldn't ride, then you've already given it up. If you're looking for reasons to ride, then you haven't made up your mind yet.
That may be one of the best quotes I've heard recently about riding.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #55
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Kicked over when parked
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #56
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

These days I just don't see the fun of commuting unless it's a twisty road or a bumper to bumper highway that I can split through. Otherwise, if it's just normal traffic, I'd rather take the car.

Plus I need to wear nice clothes to work (i.e. pressed shirt and wool pants, sorry but khakis won't do where I work), so the only way I could accomplish that is by driving to work Monday and bringing the other 4 days worth of clothes with me to leave at the office, to change into in the morning after arriving to work. Unless someone has a magical way of folding a dress shirt and pants into a backpack without getting them wrinkled.....I really doubt it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #57
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
These days I just don't see the fun of commuting unless it's a twisty road or a bumper to bumper highway that I can split through. Otherwise, if it's just normal traffic, I'd rather take the car.

Plus I need to wear nice clothes to work (i.e. pressed shirt and wool pants, sorry but khakis won't do where I work), so the only way I could accomplish that is by driving to work Monday and bringing the other 4 days worth of clothes with me to leave at the office, to change into in the morning after arriving to work. Unless someone has a magical way of folding a dress shirt and pants into a backpack without getting them wrinkled.....I really doubt it.
I've always wondered about that.

I guess most of the people riding to work wear jeans/khakis and a t-shirt or polo.

For those of us that work in an office environment, smelling like exhaust fumes and looking like you've never heard of dry cleaning doesn't cut it.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #58
dubbs
Multistrada

I've lost interest... I sold the busa, dirt bike, and just sold the enduro yesterday. Actually did something really boring and put it back into the house with updates n such and bought a 20' x 26' steel garage. May just mod the S2000, not sure what to do about a bike yet.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #59
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

still motorin pretty much everyday, any commute on my bike is better then in a cage, IMO

and the weather is turning nice

next yr could be a prob. if i have to p/u both kids from school, no scooter, unless i get a sidehack

hmmm.......

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #60
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
I've lost interest... I sold the busa, dirt bike, and just sold the enduro yesterday. Actually did something really boring and put it back into the house with updates n such and bought a 20' x 26' steel garage. May just mod the S2000, not sure what to do about a bike yet.
Are you still thinking about relocating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote