Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #61
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Brother calls his father to tell him that his wife can not come to their wedding. She's not mean or anything. Just doesn't want her there.
It's the brothers wedding, he can pick who is invited. Same with the mom, she can refuse entrance to people riding motorcycles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #62
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's the brothers wedding, he can pick who is invited. Same with the mom, she can refuse entrance to people riding motorcycles.

I'm a Dick, but I'm not that big of a dick. If there was no other way for a person to show up to the funeral and had to ride his/her bike then that would be ok. I would never deprive someone from a funeral.

Probably show up to almost "late" and park in the back or "hidden."

My friend died by being thrown out the truck and it landing on him. He did not have his seatbelt on. If I was his dad and one of his friends comes driving up to the funeral home and not wearing his seatbelt. I'm not gonna go up to him and say, "Hey. Get the fuck out of here you non-seatbelt wearing fucker. You're the reason my son is dead."
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #63
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I'm a Dick, but I'm not that big of a dick. If there was no other way for a person to show up to the funeral and had to ride his/her bike then that would be ok. I would never deprive someone from a funeral.

Probably show up to almost "late" and park in the back or "hidden."

My friend died by being thrown out the truck and it landing on him. He did not have his seatbelt on. If I was his dad and one of his friends comes driving up to the funeral home and not wearing his seatbelt. I'm not gonna go up to him and say, "Hey. Get the fuck out of here you non-seatbelt wearing fucker. You're the reason my son is dead."
I am not endorsing this position in anyway. I just think you shouldn't use someone's funeral to force your opinion on the family even if they are wrong. You can choose another way to say goodbye to your buddy.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #64
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
I am not endorsing this position in anyway. I just think you shouldn't use someone's funeral to force your opinion on the family even if they are wrong. You can choose another way to say goodbye to your buddy.

So if OP has NO OTHER WAY to get to the funeral to see HIS dead FRIEND, then OP should not even go, but if he goes then he's a dick and not the family. Got ya.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #65
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
So if OP has NO OTHER WAY to get to the funeral to see HIS dead FRIEND, then OP should not even go, but if he goes then he's a dick and not the family. Got ya.
I am sure they could find a way to get there without taking a moto if the person really tried. Personally I would value my mother's well being over my friends attending my funeral.
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #66
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'm bike only so at the moment YES.

To be honest I would.... but not to defy or throw it in the face of the family... Shit I'd park a mile away and walk to keep the. From being upset about it.... but I would ride because I know my friends that ride would want it that way.

But like I said... I'd do everything possible to avoid it being an issue. Leave last and park a decent distance away. The time on the bike would be my time alone with my friend... My time to day good life and good bye
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #67
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I'm bike only so at the moment YES.

To be honest I would.... but not to defy or throw it in the face of the family... Shit I'd park a mile away and walk to keep the. From being upset about it.... but I would ride because I know my friends that ride would want it that way.

But like I said... I'd do everything possible to avoid it being an issue. Leave last and park a decent distance away. The time on the bike would be my time alone with my friend... My time to day good life and good bye
See this is a good answer if you are bike only, he made it a nonissue.
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #68
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
See this is a good answer if you are bike only, he made it a nonissue.
I already stated what eBBs said.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #69
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I already stated what eBBs said.
he said it better
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #70
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
he said it better

Dammit. I write the report and he's just standing next to me taking all the credit.