Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #61
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
No..little ankle biters are...and they're for chicks
Our dogs don't bite ankles. Piss them off and they'll rip your nuts off, however. They also don't have big ass tails that knock over drinks.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #62
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Our dogs don't bite ankles. Piss them off and they'll rip your nuts off, however. They also don't have big ass tails that knock over drinks.
your dogs against mine

I find the tail thing charming
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #63
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Why the limit for deer, then?

If you are only legally allowed to take a certain number of animals, I don't see why it should make any difference how much ammunition your firearm holds.

Not a big deal, I'll use a bigger plug if I have to. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

On an unrelated note, has anyone ever fired one of these crazy things?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=118536984

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=118476160
My brother has a 12 gauge/22 over under. Its pretty fun.

As far as the limits, we didn't make them. Just follow the rules.

Quote:
I could only shoot a coyote if one were attacking my wife or dogs. Which I am almost certain would never happen.
I normally hunt at my cousins' farm about 15 minutes from my house. They pretty much live for hunting. They ask people to shoot coyotes since they scare off deer.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #64
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
I find the tail thing charming
Being of Irish descent, I do not.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #65
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I shot a skunk the night before last...didn't know what else to do.

I guess I just felt like throwing this in.

I had a trap set to catch squirrels and have caught a few. Caught one Opossum...turned him loose and ran him off.

A few Raccoons have come around but the trap is too small. I thought it was too small for this bigazz Skunk...he was cramped in there for sure.

The squirrels keep getting into the wife's birdfeeders and up on the 2nd story deck so I've been trapping them and relocating them.

Caught a skunk...wtf do you do with one of them ? I didn't know how to get him out without him spraying me...my dog or my wife's (mine now) cat.

I have a fenced in yard in a residential neighborhood believe it or not.

A few Coyotes have been in the area but not in my yard as far as I know. The dog and car are inside unless we just let them out for awhile.

I snuck up on him with a .38 snub-nose...one shot to the head Soprano style. He was on the other side of a retaining wall so I was able to get close without him seeing me.

Seriously though...if I could have figured out how to get rid of him without shooting him I would have.

He did spray a little...phew !!

*edit* Oh yeah this is a shotgun thread...oops. Ok I could have used my Remington 870 Express 12 ga. with 26" barrel or my Mossberg Persuader 8-shot 12 ga. but figure it would have been a bit too messy...and smelly.

Last edited by z06boy; 12-17-2008 at 08:15 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #66
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
My thoughts are this: if it isn't posing a direct threat to you, your family, or your pets, don't shoot it. Try scaring it off, clean up your property so it isn't encouraged to return (no garbage, clean your outdoor grills, take care of any rodent populations, etc), but don't punish the animal for a problem you created for it. They were there hunting mice and hares way before you, your house, and your Jack Russell showed up.
You quoted me so I figured I'd reply.

Born and raised on a cattle ranch. We always had dogs growing up. Also, there were always coyotes around. They would grab baby calves any chance they got, sometimes even sick or hurt adult cows.
Our dogs were all midsized dogs (australian shepeards) and there were times they came back cut up from fights with coyotes.

For those two reasons, I will always shoot a coyote I see. For our sake and all the neighbors. I'm not worried about them attacking me, but rather the cattle and dogs.
And yes, I'm legal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #67
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:

Another dog to love and no murdering required!
Killing animals is not "murder".
There are more and less ethical kills, but if it doesn't pay taxes, it doesn't have "rights".

Now, think of it this way, we aren't suggesting that you call in coyotes to shoot.
However, if they are unintelligent enough to come into range...especially shotgun range, they are fair game in my book.
That means they've become too bold and need to be eliminated before they start making a practice of hanging out in your yard. They are not good neighbors.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #68
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
What if you catch some neighbor kids egging your house, overturning your garbage cans, keying your cars, etc..? They're minors, they don't pay taxes...

Most people don't view the world and its inhabitants the way I do. If things worked my way, I'd blast the kids (leeches) over the coyotes any day of the week. Fortunately for my neighbors, the law hasn't really swung in my favor yet.

Anyway, back on topic: picked up a new-in-box Browning BPS High Capacity on Gunbrokers.com for $355. With $20 shipping and the $20 transfer fee (a local pawn shop is accepting the shipment for me), I'm still coming in under the gun's $424 MSRP. The dealers here all wanted to charge me $50 above retail to special order it, so I think I'm making out pretty good. I've read that Browning limited the High Capacity to 2,000 pieces, probably why no one local has one in stock.

Hopefully I will be picking it up sometime around the first of the year.
Then they get a shot in the ass with some rock salt.

There is a BPS High Capacity sitting on the shelf at the Gander Mountian in town here. $424 MSRP marked down to $374 + tax OTD. But then you'd have to ship it.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #69
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Neighborhood kids fucking around on my property get a low powered shot from my BB gun, the same as stray dogs. It's a little brutal and the parents are pissed, but I never have to go after the same kid twice. And I live further out, so coyotes are a concern. I'll shot them whenever I see them, those things will kill your children.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #70
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

High powered paint ball guns could always be an idea to deal with pesky neighbors or their fuckin shit head kids.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote