Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #61
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Did you notice there was no teleprompter in sight, when he was handing it back to them?
Only the truly desperate, grasping at straws dare suggest he isn't demonstrably eloquent, and fast on his feet in debate, with NO prompting of any kind. It's just mindless stone-throwing in lieu of substance. He's proven many times to be fast, sharp, and right on target in casual conversation, dialog, and debate alike. Stupid shit like that is really only fodder for the hate squad.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #62
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Really dude. So the elected leader of the American Government is stupid...what does that say about the rest of us? Would you take any type of test and compare your scores with his? History, Economics, Math, Science?....
Its a shame that academics doesnt always equate to leadership. I dont care if he chaired MENSA his rhetoric isnt solving problems and placing the blame on not having bipartisan support doesnt give his proposed policies, or that of his parties, any more validity.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #63
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
Well, he is the head of "They", is he not? Wait, don't answer that.

I know he is a figure head.

As compared to who? W?

I don't agree with him on everything, but the guy is far from stupid. His party is lame, but he's a President, not a kingJC
W wasnt the brightest spoon in the drawer either. I blame the system. I blame 'They'. This governments gonna save us nonsense. And we are the people that let this slid...So we are just as ignorant for not standing up and speaking out. Not just voting in another clown.

Arkriders.com
Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #64
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Its a shame that academics doesnt always equate to leadership.
So, we can get past the "He's stupid" argument. Good, we're making progress here.

Quote:
I dont care if he chaired MENSA his rhetoric isnt solving problems and placing the blame on not having bipartisan support doesnt give his proposed policies, or that of his parties, any more validity.
Agreed, sort of...

Obama is being hampered by his own party. It's like herding cats, they're all over the map.

That's the one thing Republicans have going for them. They excel at the lock-step. They may be headed off the cliff of stupidity, but dammit, they hold hands better than Thelma and Louise on the way down.

JC

Last edited by askmrjesus; 01-29-2010 at 09:21 PM..
askmrjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #65
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Did you notice there was no teleprompter in sight, when he was handing it back to them?

Maybe the "he can only speak what he reads" crowd, will finally STFU and go away.

Probably not, but hey, I can dream, can't I?

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #66
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Obama is being hampered by his own party. It's like herding cats, they're all over the map.

That's the one thing Republicans have going for them. They excel at the lock-step. They may be headed off the cliff of stupidity, but dammit, they hold hands better than Thelma and Louise on the way down.
Absofuckinglutely spot the motherfuck on.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #67
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
So we are just as ignorant for not standing up and speaking out. Not just voting in another clown.
Wait, you're calling the new guy just in the fucking door, the only one with any new fucking ideas at all, "the clown"?...and not the league of white-haired "good old boys" entrenched in government mismanagement for as long as anyone can fucking remember?

You must be either fucking drunk, or stupid. Maybe you just haven't been paying attention...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #68
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
So, we can get past the "He's stupid" argument. Good, we're making progress here.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #69
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Only the truly desperate, grasping at straws dare suggest he isn't demonstrably eloquent, and fast on his feet in debate, with NO prompting of any kind. It's just mindless stone-throwing in lieu of substance. He's proven many times to be fast, sharp, and right on target in casual conversation, dialog, and debate alike. Stupid shit like that is really only fodder for the hate squad.
Eh, I think you're stretching it a little here. The guy pauses and says "uhh" at least 2-3 times a sentence. Granted, he is 100x more nuanced and analytical than W.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #70
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:

Agreed, sort of...

JC
I agree with all that. Obama hasnt an original idea but has to give service to a very diverse policy base. Republicans are alot more narrow minded in word and deed.

I just think he used the address as an opportunity to spank the other party for not cooperating and to try and turn the political momentum. Meanwhile we have a national debt problem, an unemployment problem, a corporate financial crisis, and i havent heard any plans to resolve that that makes since.

Arkriders.com