Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #61
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

That's odd. Coke never did a thing for me. Makes my heart beat a little faster, and it makes me clench my teeth.

6 cups of coffee do the same thing, and taste better.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #62
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
That.
But it wouldn't surprise me to see ebbs or nts on thier knees for blunt or two. Hell, even bob sagat gave a few bj's for a bump of coke.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #63
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Let me change my statement a little then. Weed doesnt create a physical need that leads to self destructive behaviors (and side effects) in the majority of the population.

Smoking weed isnt gonna make kaneman give blow jobs in the bathroom of the local train station to the republican senator from wisconsin for a dime bag. Especially if you can walk to the corner store and buy a pack of joints, I guarantee that the whole illegal drug trade will almost disappear over night. Jails will empty out, columbia and mexico will be forced to find new sources of income for the economy.
Horse crap! Hell, I'VE committed crimes to get weed in the past and cigarettes and alcohol... It's ridiculous to assume that people don't commit crimes to buy pot. That is totally untrue. Hell, I had a friend that sold coke and heroin to support his pot habit...true story. I've seen pot heads jump through some pretty high hoops to get a joint. Damn man, just because you and yours do something does not make it "okay"... I know you and your family smoke pot and you are able to maintain, good for you, but I've also known some pretty heavy coke users that have also kept their lives together. Does that mean that it's harmless?

People will commit crimes to get ANYTHING that they perceive as "needed".... Let me put it another way, you know for a fact that pot use could get you in deep trouble with the military and yet you still use or at least allow it to be used around you. I know a chick that lost her kids because she couldn't pass three consecutive drug tests for pot. Keep telling yourself that it's not addictive... I still don't fully understand why people can't just go through life without poisoning themselves routinely with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, etc or are you all so delusional that you can't see that regardless of where it stacks up against "chocolate" or whatever that pot is bad for you...period.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #64
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
...pot is bad for you...period.
Prove it.

The government has been trying for decades, and has yet to make a convincing medical argument.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #65
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Horse crap! Hell, I'VE committed crimes to get weed in the past and cigarettes and alcohol... It's ridiculous to assume that people don't commit crimes to buy pot. That is totally untrue. Hell, I had a friend that sold coke and heroin to support his pot habit...true story. I've seen pot heads jump through some pretty high hoops to get a joint. Damn man, just because you and yours do something does not make it "okay"... I know you and your family smoke pot and you are able to maintain, good for you, but I've also known some pretty heavy coke users that have also kept their lives together. Does that mean that it's harmless?

People will commit crimes to get ANYTHING that they perceive as "needed".... Let me put it another way, you know for a fact that pot use could get you in deep trouble with the military and yet you still use or at least allow it to be used around you. I know a chick that lost her kids because she couldn't pass three consecutive drug tests for pot. Keep telling yourself that it's not addictive... I still don't fully understand why people can't just go through life without poisoning themselves routinely with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, etc or are you all so delusional that you can't see that regardless of where it stacks up against "chocolate" or whatever that pot is bad for you...period.
I never said any absolutes, I said most and almost. There will always be some criminal element but you will take MOST drug related crimes and they will dissapear.

Its really a bell curve 10% of the population that tries it enjoys it once and never does it again, 80% enjoy it and become recreational or medicinal users, and 10% take it to the extreme and move on to other drugs or heavy crime. What I am talking about is the 80% of folks that try it and are responsible citizens lead productive lives and do fine smoking recreationally. Its just like alcohol, 10% of drinkers drink once and never pick up a bottle again, 80% drink socially and are fine, and 10% are binge drinkers who cant handle their drink.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #66
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Prove it.

The government has been trying for decades, and has yet to make a convincing medical argument.
Are you claiming that you don't believe that tar is carcinogenic? Marijuana has tar levels several times higher than cigarettes...and you purposely hold the smoke in which increases your exposure to the toxins.

Posted on Sun Mar 26 2006 19:18:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) by Aussie Dasher

SMOKING three cannabis joints will cause you to inhale the same amount of toxic chemicals as a whole packet of cigarettes, according to research published in France today.

Cannabis smoke contains seven times more tar and carbon monoxide, the French National Consumers' Institute concluded in research published in the April edition of its monthly magazine.

The institute tested regular Marlboro cigarettes alongside 280 specially rolled joints of cannabis leaves and resin in an artificial smoking machine.

The tests examined the content of the smoke for tar and carbon monoxide, as well as for the toxic chemicals nicotine, benzene and toluene.

"Cannabis smoke contains seven times more tar and carbon monoxide than tobacco smoke," the institute's magazine says.

Someone smoking a joint of cannabis resin rolled with tobacco will inhale twice the amount of benzene and three times as much toluene as if they were smoking a regular cigarette, the study says.

Smokers of pure cannabis leaves will also inhale more of these chemicals than from a normal cigarette, though the amount varies depending on the quantities.

"Smoking three joints every day – which is becoming frequent – makes you run the same risks of cancer or cardio-vascular diseases as smoking a packet of cigarettes," the magazine says.

Cannabis is "by far" the most popular illicit drug in France, it says. The number of cigarette smokers and people drinking alcohol fell in 2005, while the number of cannabis users has increased in France in the past five years.

Or...

http://www.aafp.org/afp/991201ap/2583.html

Oh I know, it's all bull crap propaganda published by the gov't to keep you all down....right....

There is no shortage of data that shows that pot is biologically dangerous. Quite frankly ANYTHING you smoke is bad for you. Whether it be maple leaves or marijuana sheesh, that's a no brainer.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #67
derf
token jewboy

And for the record, I dont smoke and people dont smoke around me, if they do I will leave because I dont want to risk my job.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #68
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Addiction and the anti social behaviors associated with it are not related to the drug an addict who's primary relationship is with a drug will commit crimes to get the drug period. Doesn't matter whether we are talking cannabis alcohol or coke.
By the way the rate of addiction (not physical dependence is approximately 10% of those who use a drug recreationally)
The cost of the drug along with culture associated with it and to some degree the pharmacology can impact the nature of the crime.
Drugs are Harmless until you ad Humans. 9 out of 10 Humans will not have any problems with recreational drug use (regardless of the drug) Being the 10th guy my self I get the temptation to blame a substance but the evidence does not support it.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #69
derf
token jewboy

A number of medical organizations have endorsed allowing patients access to medical marijuana with their physicians' approval. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
The American Medical Association[120][121]
The American College of Physicians – America's second largest physicians group[122]
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – America's second largest cancer charity[123]
American Academy of Family Physicians[124]
American Alliance for Medical Cannabis
American Public Health Association
American Psychiatric Association
American Nurses Association
British Medical Association
AIDS Action
American Academy of HIV Medicine
Lymphoma Foundation of America
Health Canada

And just for reference here are 2 websites that show a list of other studies showing some of the positive (and some negative) effects

http://www.cannabis-med.org/studies/study.php

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000884
Old 06-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #70
derf
token jewboy

And the other way I know you are wrong beyond a reasonable doubt is that you are a nazi!!!!