Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #61
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
eh just gotta be not stupid and see what the trackers/comments are. that and move whatever you take to a non shared location
You're probably right but the only torrent I've watched in years are the races you send me! Besides, I've gotten some craptastic torrents in the past that I've waited hours for.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #62
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
You're probably right but the only torrent I've watched in years are the races you send me! Besides, I've gotten some craptastic torrents in the past that I've waited hours for.
eh i also keep a five year old minimum rule. the infected shit tends to be whats new and popular, not the 60s italian space vampire movie . which really works out cause i dig the old campy stuff and think mike bay needs to be set on fire with his own pyrotechnics
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #63
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
eh i also keep a five year old minimum rule. the infected shit tends to be whats new and popular, not the 60s italian space vampire movie
See but then why bother? Netflix probably has that crap! I watched a horrible 70s soft core Italian movie the other day....Hell Prison or something like that. God awful but funny in it's stupidity and constant excuses for the nudity.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #64
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
See but then why bother? Netflix probably has that crap! I watched a horrible 70s soft core Italian movie the other day....Hell Prison or something like that. God awful but funny in it's stupidity and constant excuses for the nudity.
the hell they do. ive had a partial memory of some terrible b movie scifi i saw as a kid in the local movies unlimited 20+ years ago. all i remembered was an ice planet and the main character had a hot android sidekick. on a whim i decided to try wikipedia under the gynoid article and found it: spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone im cueing it up now.

fwiw spacehunter is on netflix, albiet dvd only. but theres a few i can think of that arent. hell, i remember one i cant even find on torrent.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #65
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
That's why you use demonoid, the infected shit lasts a whole 2 mins there and then it gets popped by a member. I have yet to get anything bad from demonoid that I made sure was fine in the comments.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #66
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's why you use demonoid, the infected shit lasts a whole 2 mins there and then it gets popped by a member. I have yet to get anything bad from demonoid that I made sure was fine in the comments.
I've never gotten anything real bad through torrents, ever... period. Sure, sometimes ISO Hunt likes to have a malware popup and click the wrong thing on Piratebay and shit like that comes up too, but I've never had anything that my free versions of anti-virus didn't catch and fix. Been downloading torrents for about 7 years, no issues... not a single one. I download the newest, latest, greatest the day it comes out. If you pay attention to the comments and download from familiar users, no issues.... it's common sense stuff.

And you wanna avoid getting busted? Don't share your ENTIRE library of shit all the time... Hell, when something finishes, I remove it from the list as soon as I see it's done... or when a group of files I'm downloading finishes.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #67
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
And you wanna avoid getting busted? Don't share your ENTIRE library of shit all the time... Hell, when something finishes, I remove it from the list as soon as I see it's done... or when a group of files I'm downloading finishes.
That won't always work. The guy sitting next to me at work got a C&D letter for downloading an 4 year old movie. He never shared. He refuses to use torrents for movies or music now.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #68
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That won't always work. The guy sitting next to me at work got a C&D letter for downloading an 4 year old movie. He never shared. He refuses to use torrents for movies or music now.
How was he identified?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #69
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Can any of you torrent users get me Sons of Anarchy season 3, episodes 1 through 5? I can view newer ones online, but want to watch the earlier episodes first.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #70
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Can any of you torrent users get me Sons of Anarchy season 3, episodes 1 through 5? I can view newer ones online, but want to watch the earlier episodes first.
I downloaded all of them through the torrents the day after they were shown...

Piratebay.org is your friend.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote