Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #61
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Ok, totaling up my receipts the number is closer to 25K.

The number is a little bit misleading, since the appliances (and the kitchen sink ) all came from upstairs, but no, that figure is for everything. Close to a 50/50 split, time and materials.

The cabinets aren't particularly high end (about 4k), the flooring was on sale, and I use a lot of coupons.

Here's a helpful tip for you DIY's. The Post Office has a coupon for 10% off at Lowe's, included in their change of address kit. It's good for up to $500 off, and as near as I can tell, you can use them every day with no problems. No, you don't have to move.

Also, I do everything, including the electrical and plumbing. If I subbed
that stuff out, the cost would have been much higher.

JC
Good tip... Over the next couple of years I want to redo the bathrooms and our kitchen... I was thinking about doing the Lowes coupon thing...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #62
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Ok, totaling up my receipts the number is closer to 25K.

The number is a little bit misleading, since the appliances (and the kitchen sink ) all came from upstairs, but no, that figure is for everything. Close to a 50/50 split, time and materials.

The cabinets aren't particularly high end (about 4k), the flooring was on sale, and I use a lot of coupons.

Here's a helpful tip for you DIY's. The Post Office has a coupon for 10% off at Lowe's, included in their change of address kit. It's good for up to $500 off, and as near as I can tell, you can use them every day with no problems. No, you don't have to move.

Also, I do everything, including the electrical and plumbing. If I subbed
that stuff out, the cost would have been much higher.

JC
Then it is doubly impressive. Very nice work for a very reasonable price. Thanks for the tip on the Lowes coupon as well.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote