Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #61
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No one actually uses cruise control. They just drive their own perception of fast, then slack jaw and forget... costing slower until someone (you) get next to them to remind them they are going slow.
I use my cruise control every day. Set for 9mph over the posted recommendation.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #62
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I hate that shit, and I'm waiting for someone to pull that shit on me one day when I'm in the wrong mood...and I have a strong suspicion I might just put one of them into the median with a PIT maneuver.
Did that to a car on the Florida Turnpike, but sent him into the swampy grass of the shoulder, not the median. Even more satisfying than you might think, especially when you can see the driver's eye go from normal to dinner-plate size in the rear view mirror.

Apparently I wasn't the only person this douche bag cut off, since the driver of the dump truck that was behind me drove up a long my right side and gave me the ol' thumbs up.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #63
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I hate that shit, and I'm waiting for someone to pull that shit on me one day when I'm in the wrong mood...and I have a strong suspicion I might just put one of them into the median with a PIT maneuver.
Yes but you wouldn't be pulling the "I want to drive slow but I do not want you to pass me so I'm going to speed up and then get pissed off when you catch me even though you've had your cruise control on the whole time" bullshit to begin with so you wouldn't warrant such a retaliation.

Drive like a fuckstick, get treated like a fuckstick, I always say.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #64
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Depends on how closely you guys are tailgating someone. If you come up on me and sit only 6 inches away, I'd be tempted to slow down, just like the people you're complaining about. Especially if there is no way for me to move over and let him pass.

The basic rule is, if you want want something, ask nicely.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #65
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Depends on how closely you guys are tailgating someone. If you come up on me and sit only 6 inches away, I'd be tempted to slow down, just like the people you're complaining about. Especially if there is no way for me to move over and let him pass.

Who said anything about tailgating anyone? I'm talking the ones who either sit in the left lane or they're in the right lane with nobody aroudn them but speed up as you change lanes to pass them... they zoom away only to slow back down so you catch up to them again (and you have to dis-engage the cruise because they're being douche bags). If there's a bunch of cars around, there's a bunch of cars around. That's a different story.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #66
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

my hate is little boys in hondas showing off for their girlfriend by cutting off the people in the other lane when their lane ends. this is done regularly here. the ones that try to "race" me are funny. I asked one who had his window down if he realized my motor weighed as much as his car. I sure hope he could beat the landyacht I'm driving.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #67
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
my hate is little boys in hondas showing off for their girlfriend by cutting off the people in the other lane when their lane ends. this is done regularly here. the ones that try to "race" me are funny. I asked one who had his window down if he realized my motor weighed as much as his car. I sure hope he could beat the landyacht I'm driving.
It's even better when they're in like a Saturn ion and they try to race bikes off lights

Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #68
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

I learned to wave at people when driving my mini. I would get an amazing number of people to move out of my way. My husband thought it was because no one wanted to be in front of the crazy girl that waved at people.

It works in any vehicle I drive. But, in the truck, I'm pretty sure they don't see me past the big ass grill.

Tailgating doesn't solve problems, it just makes dumb people angry.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #69
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I learned to wave at people when driving my mini. I would get an amazing number of people to move out of my way. My husband thought it was because no one wanted to be in front of the crazy girl that waved at people.

It works in any vehicle I drive. But, in the truck, I'm pretty sure they don't see me past the big ass grill.

Tailgating doesn't solve problems, it just makes dumb people angry.
It only worked because you're a girl, and the guys were wondering if you knew them (or liked them)
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #70
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
It only worked because you're a girl, and the guys were wondering if you knew them (or liked them)
I'd be wondering