Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Keep On Preaching Dude...
Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #62
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
No, that's pretty much true. You know it. Telling people what sort of flowers they can plant is well beyond normal keeping it nice procedure.
Flowers is an exaggeration, at least in my neighborhood it is. You can plant flowers and small plants anywhere you like. It's the trees and very large shrubs that need approval. They don't give a shit as to what it is that's being planted, it's the location. They just don't want large plants intruding on to other peoples property. Some evergreen trees get 20-30 feet wide, it you plant that shit right on the property line, your tree is going to protrude into your neighbors yard by 10-15 feet. That's 10-15 of less usable yard. All they ask is to use common sense when landscaping.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #63
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
It's the trees and very large shrubs that need approval.
Ni!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D4Ud8-jric

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #64
Rider
Moto GP Star

YT is blocked.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #65
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Flowers is an exaggeration, at least in my neighborhood it is. You can plant flowers and small plants anywhere you like. It's the trees and very large shrubs that need approval. They don't give a shit as to what it is that's being planted, it's the location. They just don't want large plants intruding on to other peoples property. Some evergreen trees get 20-30 feet wide, it you plant that shit right on the property line, your tree is going to protrude into your neighbors yard by 10-15 feet. That's 10-15 of less usable yard. All they ask is to use common sense when landscaping.
That's when you get a chainsaw and cut the part that is on your side out. Make it fall on their house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #66
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That's when you get a chainsaw and cut the part that is on your side out. Make it fall on their house.
I agree with that, they just want to avoid conflict and make it a "happy place". That's the one thing I hate about HOA's. Why do I need to be friendly? Fuck them, I can handle things in my own manner. A little plant poison here, and little rat poison there for their dog that shits in my yard... I could go in but I'm sure you'd agree with me.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #67
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I agree with that, they just want to avoid conflict and make it a "happy place". That's the one thing I hate about HOA's. Why do I need to be friendly? Fuck them, I can handle things in my own manner. A little plant poison here, and little rat poison there for their dog that shits in my yard... I could go in but I'm sure you'd agree with me there.
Yeah I am much more in agreement with justice on my own terms than I am about going to a board of snobby soccer moms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #68
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

When I moved pool tables I had an HOA/security fucking ticket us for parking in a cul-de-sac. I sat the shit on fire in front of the security guy and did an indian dance around the fucker. The home owner laughed his ass off and gave each of us a $100 tip. He hated his HOA but he had more money than God so the neighborhood sucked his and his wife's asshole. He was some surgeon and she was the daughter of some Dupont type business owner (And smoking fine).

Though I don't have an official HOA this probably is a good representation of what my HOA would look like if we had one...
Old 05-23-2009, 06:03 AM   #69
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
I'm sorry, I thought this was the USA and we didn't tolerate this sort of bullshit. It's funny how one second we are for freedom and the next we are stripping it away on our own.
No kidding! You have federal, state, county and city government. Now some jack asses want neighbourhood government too.

Its ridiculous.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #70
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

The biggest irony and flaw in most HOA arguments are that people are too stupid to take care of their own affairs and need to watched and regulated...by a board of the same people too stupid to manage their own affairs...

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote