Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #61
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Your not going to find a doctor who will do it anyway, as you have no kids and your wife isnt on board with it. I looked into it before, im glad I didnt get it done, it was a bad time in my life when i thought i would be better off without ever having kids.

But ya, forget it, at least till your mid thirties, a doctor isnt going to do it. Especially not behind your wifes back.
WRONG!!! Maybe not in Canada but I got fixed when I was in my early 20s with zero kids. I had to wait a few months but that's it. I also didn't have to "clear it with my wife beforehand". Hell, why does the doctor even need to know the guy is married for that matter? A woman can have an abortion in this country without informing or getting the permission of the father of the child. How is this any different? If I were you T, I'd pick up the phone tomorrow and check into all of your options. I was honestly responding to your "did she know" question in a joking manner but I'm very serious about protecting yourself. Good luck Bro!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #62
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Wow.

Sometimes I think I want to get married.....you know....in theory.

But for the most part, I think that it would take one hell of a MAN (yes a man, not like lots of the pathetic excuses for men) to actually make me want to enter into that kind of agreement.

You don't have to ask her permission but the very premise of marriage implies that you at the very least discuss such radical life changing moves.

Advocating for getting it done, then pretending to try and get her pregnant is downright criminal and I'd nail his ass to the wall if he ever tried that shit with me.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #63
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Jesus Tig, which brings me back to the mindset that if you have to "protect yourself" from your wife, why the hell are you in a relationship?!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #64
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Wow.

Sometimes I think I want to get married.....you know....in theory.

But for the most part, I think that it would take one hell of a MAN (yes a man, not like lots of the pathetic excuses for men) to actually make me want to enter into that kind of agreement.

You don't have to ask her permission but the very premise of marriage implies that you at the very least discuss such radical life changing moves.

Advocating for getting it done, then pretending to try and get her pregnant is downright criminal and I'd nail his ass to the wall if he ever tried that shit with me.

At least someone gets what Im trying to say here...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #65
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Jesus Tig, which brings me back to the mindset that if you have to "protect yourself" from your wife, why the hell are you in a relationship?!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #66
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am with tigger, get it done, don't tell her. You get more action that way with her thinking there is some potency to your pants army. I forget who I was talking to, but they said his wife lost interest when she knew kids were off the table. If she starts up with the kids thing and wants to get tested for why you arent having kids when she starts to want to try to have em, don't lie to her. Just tell her you had it done and you told her from the beginning that you didn't want kids.

No matter what, if she wants kids and you don't, I think the marriage will end badly or with you having to sacrifice your principles and have a kid. I know for sure she won't wake up one day and say "hey, I don't want kids anymore."
It was Rider before...

Let's not forget about the child here. Why would anyone demand another child be brought into this world without both parents wanting it in the first place? Again, maybe this is another "hood rat" thing but I've known SEVERAL women who openly admit to getting pregnant on purpose. They need to hurry up with that birth control shot for men!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #67
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Sexist jerk

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showpost....5&postcount=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #68
R6Chick
I haven't had that in yrs

Moto: 2004 R6

Quote:
I get it too, but I just can't keep up.

All I have to say is WOW.
R6Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #69
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Jesus guys, who are you arguing against here? At one point did I say DONT GET snipped?

Read all my posts, I am all in favor or snipping but not in favor of the dishonesty many of you seem to think is ok.

This is like you guys saying a woman can go get an abortion without talking to her husband about it first. You would all be up in arms saying "how dare she make a decision like that without talking to me!" Not a one of you would agree to that reasoning now would you? Double standards are rampant apparently.

I can only thank my lucky stars I have a man who loves me and respects me enough to talk to me about major life changes that affect us both before going and doing something like this.

*edit to add - if he is weak enough to sit down with this woman and give in and have kids, against his wishes, then thats his own problem, and lying to her isnt going to change it, but make it considerably worse because he then becomes the lying cheating sack of crap when they do split up, and rightfully so. Sorry Triple, nothing personal.

FYI - Triple, if you do get snipped, and you DONT tell your wife ahead of time, she has grounds to get the marriage anulled instead of a divorce, meaning you could be left holding the stick for the debt you were talking about due to deception on your part unless you have a signed document stating she agreed to marry you and never have kids.

Chi " However, blatantly going out and getting snipped, without first talking to your wife, your PARTNER, and lying or not being straightforward robs her of her chance to make a clean break, and go do her own thing."

I just don't think he should have to discuss this with her beforehand. Sure pretending to want to have kids would be despicable and I only said it in jest BUT getting fixed is merely a logical step in the direction that he proposed to her in the first place. Again he has been somewhat foolish up til this point by not getting fixed imho. If he knew that he felt this way he should have had it done a long time ago!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #70
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Chick View Post
I get it too, but I just can't keep up.

All I have to say is WOW.
Right?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote