Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #61
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Anyone else immediately HATE van der moron? The entire movie, I was hoping somebody would knock him off. Especially when his dumb self took off in the control ship. How did he expect to fly the thing or fix himself? "Christopher" and his son were great though. WTF is up with the human names though- you hear enough of their language. And they never say what the "prawn" call themselves, or if they have a proper name and not some derogatory shit.
its better that way, he may be the main character but hes just as flawed as any of us
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #62
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
So am I. I now hate myself for having anything in common with Caruso.
ahh nice to know theres a few more of us around its actually a huge advantage when shooting with a cco, or at least thats what i tell my guys
TWF Post whore #6
Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #63
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
ahh nice to know theres a few more of us around its actually a huge advantage when shooting with a cco, or at least thats what i tell my guys
In my case it's because I'm supposed to be left-handed, but I had a grade 1 teacher who thought that it was her duty to force everyone to write with their right hand... by using a ruler to the wrist. Yeah, I'm old.

It definitely ISN'T a benefit when shooting a 7.62 or 30-06. Kinda hurts, actually.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #64
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
In my case it's because I'm supposed to be left-handed, but I had a grade 1 teacher who thought that it was her duty to force everyone to write with their right hand... by using a ruler to the wrist. Yeah, I'm old.

It definitely ISN'T a benefit when shooting a 7.62 or 30-06. Kinda hurts, actually.
Oh no... We have something in common. My Mom tied my left arm to my side to prevent me from using it. Apparently in certain parts of Europe it was considered bad luck. Of course my Mom also insisted that I not be circumcised because she didn't want me marked as a Jew. I guess that she had some left-over Nazi paranoia....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #65
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh no... We have something in common. My Mom tied my left arm to my side to prevent me from using it. Apparently in certain parts of Europe it was considered bad luck. Of course my Mom also insisted that I not be circumcised because she didn't want me marked as a Jew. I guess that she had some left-over Nazi paranoia....
Well here's the really odd bit. The teacher who used to whack my wrist with a ruler was Scottish. My background is Scottish. The majority of the Scots nobility was left handed, as can be seen from the fact that a great number of their castle towers have stairways that circle down clockwise, rather than counter-clockwise as they do elsewhere like England, so that the defenders could hold the railing with their right hands while swinging a sword with the left. Do they make self-hating Scots? I think so.

If you want a kick, look up the origin of the word "sinister."

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #66
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:

hrm i had a similar experience for pistols i shoot left eyed, rifles iron sight and scope i use my right, holo sights and ccos you use both but like i said its an advantage since your primary eye is clear to provide you with fast target aquisition while the weaker one simply supplies the reticle
TWF Post whore #6
Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #67
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Well here's the really odd bit. The teacher who used to whack my wrist with a ruler was Scottish. My background is Scottish. The majority of the Scots nobility was left handed, as can be seen from the fact that a great number of their castle towers have stairways that circle down clockwise, rather than counter-clockwise as they do elsewhere like England, so that the defenders could hold the railing with their right hands while swinging a sword with the left. Do they make self-hating Scots? I think so.

If you want a kick, look up the origin of the word "sinister."
<also of scottish ancestry
TWF Post whore #6
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #68
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
TMI you hooded motherfucker... TMI
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #69
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
So am I. I now hate myself for having anything in common with Caruso.
Yeah, me too. Mine is because I supposedly had a lazy eye when I was very young, so they put a patch over my right (dominate) eye and let my left eye get stronger. So now I'm right handed but left eye dominate.

Kinda funny that I seem to be the only one who is this way because of vision problems and not hands. Although I broke my hand in a fist fight in high school so I can write passably well with either one.

As for the movie, see it in the theater or wait til it comes to redbox and watch it for a buck?

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #70
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

def theater