Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #71
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
There is a correct technique to running, but getting fucked up knees and hips is more a function of age where the cartlidge gets worn out. Also, body weight has alot to do with it. At 210lbs, I'm not going to be running all that often if I can avoid it
How tall are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #72
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
There is a correct technique to running, but getting fucked up knees and hips is more a function of age where the cartlidge gets worn out. Also, body weight has alot to do with it. At 210lbs, I'm not going to be running all that often if I can avoid it
210 isn't all that big... I'm 190 (trying to get to 180)

and yes cartlidge wears out, however if you're running properly I have a hard time believing that your knees will go for that reason alone.

I'm sure your weight lifting is harder on your knees and hips than running is anyways
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #73
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

ugh felt like shit today, haven't run the last two days and I can really tell the difference how I feel.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #74
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

They sell the gimmick shoe in a major brand now. Don't remember the brand, it was one of the A ones. Adidas/Asics or something. It was like $50 and was like the water shoe version with the band on top.

Went to the shoe store to get fitted for some regular running shoes since mine are toast and not for running anyway.

Going to ortho doc in a couple weeks. As I am starting to run a little more, my left knee is starting to give me trouble. It's the knee I injured riding the DRZ in the snow in January. Something is not quite right with it. Maybe I will ask him about the shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #75
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Fila sells them and Addidas I believe... I saw the Fila ones at the BX yesterday... THOSE look cheep and gimicky... compared to the Vibrams

anyways... taking the weekend off... 19 miles this week. Did 7 miles on Thursday with my vest, damn did that kick my ass... but it's nice to know that I'm back to 100% as far as endurance, dunno about speed though.

I've registered for the Tampa Tough Mudder... so I'm gonna start training for that, running on the beach (hope'n to reach 3 miles on it) next week
Old 03-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #76
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I only run if I'm chased

I do my 1.5 miles for black belt recert every year but that's about it for running.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #77
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
Fila sells them and Addidas I believe... I saw the Fila ones at the BX yesterday... THOSE look cheep and gimicky... compared to the Vibrams
They all look cheap and gimmicky. They all look like those POS watershoes only with toes that I wore when we had a boat.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #78
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They all look cheap and gimmicky. They all look like those POS watershoes only with toes that I wore when we had a boat.
hey they're not for everyone... I like mine... I could give a fuck what others wear... but the Fila ones I saw looked like they needed to be sold at payless shoe source or Kmart... that cheep and gimmicky.

the Vibrams... IMO actually look quality and have thought as to wear they're supportive, and where they bend... not just watershoes with toes... again.. just IMO...

maybe you should try a pair... ease into it though... they seemed awkward for the first couple weeks I had mine.... now, honestly... I prefer the feeling YMMV
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #79
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
hey they're not for everyone... I like mine... I could give a fuck what others wear... but the Fila ones I saw looked like they needed to be sold at payless shoe source or Kmart... that cheep and gimmicky.

the Vibrams... IMO actually look quality and have thought as to wear they're supportive, and where they bend... not just watershoes with toes... again.. just IMO...

maybe you should try a pair... ease into it though... they seemed awkward for the first couple weeks I had mine.... now, honestly... I prefer the feeling YMMV
I have seen them, they looked the same as the $50 pair. The $50 pair actually looked more robust in the way they designed their strap.

I already got shoes, went with regulars for tarmac and got a pair of trail running shoes that have mesh to release water around the bottom of the shoe and have a good mud/wet dirt tread. Cost for both was on par for vibrams.
Quote:
Old 03-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #80
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have seen them, they looked the same as the $50 pair. The $50 pair actually looked more robust in the way they designed their strap.

I already got shoes, went with regulars for tarmac and got a pair of trail running shoes that have mesh to release water around the bottom of the shoe and have a good mud/wet dirt tread. Cost for both was on par for vibrams.
I'm not talking about the strap... it's the soul that makes the difference... but what ever...

I'm gonna get a set of KSO's for the Warrior run and Tough Mudder though.

what shoes did you get?

FWIW... I did have a little bit of knee issues prior to the stroke when running long distances... haven't had any since, I've only ran with the VFF's so I don't know if it's the shoes or the month down time that solved the issue.