Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #71
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Whatever, if the Oak Ridge Boys did it all country style none of you crackers would say shit!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #72
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Thankfully I'm not a Cracker; just a reformed east coast redneck. Now if it was Stompin' Tom....

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #73
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Whatever, if the Oak Ridge Boys did it all country style none of you crackers would say shit!
That's what I said on my facebook, if Taylor Swift got up there with a fiddle and a country guitar riff, no one would say shit. Not one damn person. Get something different (hint of that devil black music) and all the white people come out of the woodwork screaming RESPECT MAH COUNTRY'S SONG!!!

I am with ya on this one tig, hell you are even a Vet, so you have the military background on your side too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #74
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If someone wants to bust out some funk version as a way they represent this country, I say go for it.
Play it on a kazoo, play it on fiddle, or play it on a Strat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-q-...eature=related

America still Rocks.

JC
Old 02-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #75
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's what I said on my facebook, if Taylor Swift got up there with a fiddle and a country guitar riff, no one would say shit. Not one damn person. Get something different (hint of that devil black music) and all the white people come out of the woodwork screaming RESPECT MAH COUNTRY'S SONG!!!

I am with ya on this one tig, hell you are even a Vet, so you have the military background on your side too.
True.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #76
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Uma spotted it right off the bat, even though we were only watching it as a side show to a bday party.

Has Aguilera offered up an apology or explanation? I'm sure she just accidentally missed that verse. I don't think it was intentional or a way to spruce it up. I'm betting pure accident. She needs to just offer up a press conference and apologize. Then go back on some big game of mentioning and redo it properly.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #77
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I would.

I'm sorry, but randomly changing the octaves when the audience is trying to follow along, is lame.

BTW, since when was Christina black, or performed black-type music?

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-10-2011 at 06:58 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #78
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Uma spotted it right off the bat, even though we were only watching it as a side show to a bday party.

Has Aguilera offered up an apology or explanation? I'm sure she just accidentally missed that verse. I don't think it was intentional or a way to spruce it up. I'm betting pure accident. She needs to just offer up a press conference and apologize. Then go back on some big game of mentioning and redo it properly.
She said she fucked up cause she was nervous. It was a big moment for her. She sang it right in rehearsals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #79
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I would.

I'm sorry, but randomly changing the octaves when the audience is trying to follow along, is lame.

BTW, since when was Christina black, or performed black-type music?
I didn't say she was black, why quote my post iof you aren't going to read it?

BTW I don't have time for searches right now but country stars HAVE performed the national anthem several times and country-fied it without complaint. Besides, are you a cracker? No? Then STFU I ain't talking about you! Cracker doesn't not automatically equal all white people. You see there are crackers and then there are good white people.... Of course all white people are considered to be crackers until they prove themselves to be good white people....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #80
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

There is nothing wrong with singing something in a "country drawl", if that's what you mean. If someone's a country musician, that's how their voice is going to BE anyway. All gravely and deep. Just like a blues singer is going to sound a different way. Just don't reverse the octaves and end on a low note instead of a high note like the audience is expecting. That's all I ask.

If you're Marvin Gaye, you were hired because people like your voice and you're talented.....You weren't hired to change the song and fuck up all the octaves. Sing the song like it's supposed to be sung.

And I'm far from the only one who feels this way. EVERY time I watch sports, racing, Olympics, or whatever with friends, there are always eye-rolls when the performer tries to pull off some "creative" interpretation.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-10-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote