Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #71
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
Aside from the classic finger/toe breaks which everyone has had, and I have had a good share of these as well, here is my list:

Age 5 - Fractured Skull, hit by a car while on a Sled in UT

Age 7 - Fractured Left Eye Socket while running down darkened hallway to tell my parents about the cats being born in my bed....my sister heard the noise and came out of her room in time to run into me head first.

Age 9 - Fractured Skull again, rode my bicycle into an open man hole cover (don't ask)

Age 26 - Sternum, decided to jump a Go-Kart and landed on the front end, the steering column fractured my sternum....

Age 30 - R. Wrist, high sided my FZR and rode home w/it broken

Age 37 - 5 Breaks of the Pelvis, Right Leg went through my Right Hip 4", multiple small bones in my left foot, Radial Head of my Left Elbow destroyed, Left Radius shattered, 6 broken ribs on left side.....Head On Collision while on a Motorcycle

Age 39 - Right Thumb, Both wrists compression fractured, Left elbow again, 6 more ribs, Left Clavical in 2 places....Rear ended a car that decided to turn right from the middle lane....I was in the right lane and on a Motorcycle

Age 42 - Right Shoulder Blade (Scapula) 6 ribs on right side, left middle finger, left ankle....This was at Moroso Motorsports part and I was rear ended by another racer

Fractured scapula, thats impressive. In 6 yrs of emergency medicine I have never seen one.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #72
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Fractured scapula, thats impressive. In 6 yrs of emergency medicine I have never seen one.

Tom
Going into the right hand turn #11 at Moroso, another rider drilled me while I was in full lean, hence the body damage and no real damage to the bike. The front wheel and nose of his bike is what made impact with my scapula, complete break, top to bottom.
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #73
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

No major bones with major breaks... all sports related...

All my fingers (both hands including thumbs)
All my toes (both feet)
Right hand in 6 places
Both wrists
Both ankles
Nose
Fractured sternum (still pops every day)

separated shoulder a few years back... still pops in and out on occassion...

I have a torn MCL and torn right rotator cuff and a fractured tibia right now.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #74
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
Going into the right hand turn #11 at Moroso, another rider drilled me while I was in full lean, hence the body damage and no real damage to the bike. The front wheel and nose of his bike is what made impact with my scapula, complete break, top to bottom.

That must have royally sucked. Did they put hardware in to fix it or just let it heal?

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #75
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Seriously people!?!?!? I really want to know how on earth you people manager to break all fingers and toes?

I just don't get it....
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #76
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

broke my ankle, had surgery, couple 3" titanium screws are still in there. not a motorcycle injury though.

I'm sure this list will get longer since I'm racing next season.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #77
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Seriously people!?!?!? I really want to know how on earth you people manager to break all fingers and toes?

I just don't get it....
The fingers was from when I was about 5, the neighbors were having a party and I was looking out my window when it slammed down on my fingers.

The first time I broke my toes I was about 12. I was washing my horse and I stood in front of her to wash her face and she stepped forward onto my feet and *CRUNCH*.

3 months later, all toes healed and given the Dr.'s go ahead to resume normal activity, went out to pasture to get THE SAME horse and load her into a trailor to take her for a horse show and she stepped on them again as I was leading her into the trailor.
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #78
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post

I just don't get it....
27 years of being behind a plate catching baseballs... or not catching them...
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #79
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
The fingers was from when I was about 5, the neighbors were having a party and I was looking out my window when it slammed down on my fingers.
That's how I broke mine the first time. My grandmother, dad's mom, had a heartattack and we couldn't get in the house. Every door and window was locked except for the one in the bathroom over the bathtub. She lived in an old house and the windows were spring loaded. This window had a particularly heavy spring. My dad was trying to lift the window up that was about head height for him (I was 12 and wasn't quite 5 foot) while I jumped up to climb inside. As I was hoisting myself up, his grip slipped. My fingers were in the seal and I didn't move my left hand in time. CRUNCH. I still managed to get into the window and find my grandmother laying peacefully on her bed. I didn't realize my hand hurt until we got the the ER. They were swollen and had blood under the nails, and one was a little bloody.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #80
DreaminR6
Squid

Moto: 2007 R6

Fractured skull when I was 10. No other bones as of yet. Plenty of skinned knees, sprained wrists, and bumped heads. I can't shave my head for fear of it looking like a lumpy potato.
DreaminR6 is offline   Reply With Quote