Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #71
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
WTF is Aldi?
A german discount grocery store. Most of the products are off brand and made by the Aldi company itself.

Last edited by tallywacker; 03-25-2011 at 12:20 PM..
tallywacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #72
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
You are mistaken there. Walmart has taught America to accept mediocrity. When you can't find a store that specializes in anything, you "accept" whats on the shelf at Walmart.
Not exactly sure what you are referring to... I mostly buy food and disposable shit from there... bought a couple t-shirts I found amusing, some underwear, and a variety of other shit as well...

A trash can, is a trash can everywhere... same with a laundry basket... same with whatever electronics they have, etc. I guess if I were buying furniture and shit probably, but I'm not even sure I've ever looked at that stuff.

I dunno... I guess the build quality of my dogs food/water bowls, my broom and dustpan, and countless other items are not really high on my "I should give a fuck about this" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
WTF is Aldi?
Everything's generic, you gotta pay $0.25 to use their carts, you have to bring your own bags/boxes for your food, and there's like 5 shelves... everything else is stacked in rows or left on the pallets.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #73
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
You are mistaken there. Walmart has taught America to accept mediocrity. When you can't find a store that specializes in anything, you "accept" whats on the shelf at Walmart.
WTF are you trying to buy at walmart? As said before, JIF peanut butter is JIF peanut butter. If you are trying to buy clothes and furniture, you deserve what you get...

That's like complaining about HF tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Everything's generic, you gotta pay $0.25 to use their carts, you have to bring your own bags/boxes for your food, and there's like 5 shelves... everything else is stacked in rows or left on the pallets.
Fuck that, what's the point of shopping there? Really cheap?
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #74
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
WTF are you trying to buy at walmart? As said before, JIF peanut butter is JIF peanut butter. If you are trying to buy clothes and furniture, you deserve what you get...

That's like complaining about HF tools.

Fuck that, what's the point of shopping there? Really cheap?
Really cheap, and the quarter is there to prevent stealing the cart or influence you to return your cart to the store. It lets you unlock the cart and you get your 25 cents back with you lock it back up.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #75
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Target is like Apple. Flashy boxes and presentation but the shit is still made in China like every elses products.
Wrong......... Some of it maybe, but those "flashy" boxes you mentioned are entirely different brands. A manufacturer isn't going to design a separate box for Target and another for Walmart. That's a waste of money.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #76
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I do have to laugh as well. When Marko heard about meijer he was blown away. Something to the effect of the amazement of liquer, wine, beer, food, clothing, etc... all being under one roof. He has to go to 3 different places for the first three things on my list. Silly PA.
The Meijer I grew up near had a frigging barbers shop in it. And a jungle gym in the center of the store for kids to play in.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #77
Homeslice
Elitist

Some of you are getting all defensive about shopping at Walmart. Hey, if it floats your boat, fine, I have no problem with that. But facts are facts:

1) The article proved that Walmart doesn't always have the best prices.
2) Walmart customers are a lower statum of society, and are more likely to annoy or disgust you with the way they behave.
3) Their checkouts suck.
4) You can't see where the different departments are, unless maybe you're 7 feet tall.
5) There's piles of shit in your way, blocking your path. I prefer wide aisles, I don't like having to wait for other people to manuever their cart around that pile of boxes.
6) Often it's disorganized, like for example they'll have a sale on HP printers, so they'll put them in 2 entirely different parts of the store. Why the hell do I want to see printers near the laundry soap?
7) If you go late at night, the stockboys & forklifts are blocking your path.
8) Even Trip, who lives in one of the states Walmart dominates, says their produce sucks.

Facts are facts, the world has spoken.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-25-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #78
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

1) The article proved that Walmart doesn't always have the best prices.

It says the stuff I would buy at Wally is still cheaper than Target. I don't have a Target within 15 miles of me, but a Wally world within 5.

2) Walmart customers are a lower statum of society, and are more likely to annoy or disgust you with the way they behave.

Not true here, you see them everywhere. This is East Tenn though.

3) Their checkouts suck.

Self checkout ftmfw

4) You can't see where the different departments are, unless maybe you're 7 feet tall.

6'1", no issues

5) There's piles of shit in your way, blocking your path. I prefer wide aisles, I don't like having to wait for other people to manuever their cart around that pile of boxes.

Ours is surprisingly clean and roomy. Two carts can go down an aisle.

6) Often it's disorganized, like for example they'll have a sale on HP printers, so they'll put them in 2 entirely different parts of the store. Why the hell do I want to see printers near the laundry soap?

I buy shit like that on the internet. Laundry soap isn't next to the electronics at mine. It's over by the groceries.

7) If you go late at night, the stockboys & forklifts are blocking your path.

That's true of any type of store open all night. They have to stock the shelves at some point.

8) Even Trip, who lives in one of the states Walmart dominates, says their produce sucks.

No argument here, I am picky about my produce.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #79
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Walmart is the poster boy for Adapt,Change, Dominate. SAM Walton would roll over in his grave if he knew what Walmart has become.

Walmart USED to pride themselves on "MADE IN THE USA." They quickly got rid of that. Once they found out that Americans would buy sh*t no matter where it's made, as long as it was cheap, game over.

Last edited by VatorMan; 03-25-2011 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: FML
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #80
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Sam would have a fit. I think Walmart has probably done more to financially empower China than any other single entity on the planet...it's almost fucking treasonous.

But hey, you can buy a cheap broom...yay! USA! USA!